I need honest opinions.

Options
13»

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It looks great from the front and sides, looks a little tight around the thighs in the back. I like the dress overall and think you look very nice in it, I just worry that when you sit down, or if you have to eat a lot, that it would be uncomfortable for you...

It's better to wear something you're confident in. I think it looks good, but being a girl with big thighs, I'd hate anything to pronounce that... the camera adds 5 lbs though so it may not even show IRL. Your call, really. I think your figure is lovely, but if you don't feel comfy then choose something else.

Best of luck :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I like it from the front, not as flattering from the side or back. Personally, I've never found that many ruffles flattering.

I agree. Particularly on the side view, but that could be because of the way you're standing with your arms behind your back.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I like it from the front, not as flattering from the side or back. Personally, I've never found that many ruffles flattering.
    The real question is: what do you think? Can you breath and move okay? Can you sit without a wardrobe malfunction?
    If you're confident and happy in it, no one will notice a few bulges. Have fun at your party :)

I'm with Kyla...
  • kiwigal111
    kiwigal111 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the others....you look great........ but how you feel will also shows how you look....

if you feel uncomfortable - your body language will give you away..... and you won't look so great.... and people will notice.

if you feel ok - the dress will be ok

if you go with confidence.... and hold your head high and totally 'own it' you will shine like the dress (and it's a fab dress too)

Go with confidence..................

You look fab......
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    NIce!!!
  • jenfactor
    Options
    just make sure you can sit without it being too tight... have to do the sit test!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say no... save it for a few more pounds from now. It's not bad, just a little bulgy in the front and musing up your butt in the rear. You're ALMOST there, and you will look like a knockout in it soon enough.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    ok, honest?
    From the side it looks great. On the other hand from the rear it doesn't and as a previous poster said, it looks like you are uncomfortable.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    It looks fine but remember there has to be room for eating, sitting, breathing, dancing, etc...:wink:
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I think you look fine, but if you're not feeling confident and your best, it will show regardless.

This! I tried on a dress similiar for a wedding a few months back and my friend was gushing but I wasn't comfortable and confident in it....If you are comfortable in it then absolutely wear it! You look great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!
  • AISIGO
    AISIGO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I need to think about this again:sad:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I need to think about this again:sad:

You don't look too bad in it but I have to say it might not be the best choice for your shape. The shiny color adds volume and the horizontal stripes makes your hips look bigger than they actually are.

I have learned that for hourglass shapes with extreme curves, try to avoid pieces with lots of fuzz. Without the ruffle hems this dress could have been much more streamlined.

Perhaps that is why you don't feel confident in it? I'm not sure. :) Good luck!
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, but if you're not feeling well in it you should find something different :)

I agree - you're rockin' it - but confidence is key, not wanting to hold a pillow in front of yourself all night.