Worried I'm going to be on a diet forever.

Options
13»

Replies

• b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    your target weight is simply a number. the closer you get to it, the less it matters. especially if you are 600 grams from it.
    I assume you are in a country that uses kg for weight and not lbs.

but really, measurements like hip to waist ratio are more important.

also, muscle tone, endurance, flexibility, energy levels. those are important.

how do you feel?

maybe you should slow down, eat a bit more. enjoy your new body.
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Don't look at is as a "diet." A diet indicates that it will end. Look at your accomplishments as the beginning of a life-style change. Don't let yourself feel guilty about eating, because - as was said before- that could be bordering on an eating disorder. Allow yourself treats now and then, but otherwise try to make healthy decisions and you won't need to feel guilty. Lots of water, green leafy things and fruits can help.

This is the way everyone should think about being healthier! Iknow this is my mindset and I still eat the things I enjoy! I don't eat them as often or as much as I did but I still enjoy them! It is a lifestyle change the sooner you adapt the better life will be!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    muffyjo: Well said!
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Up your calories slowly and dont weigh yourself everyday. Once you see that you don't gain weight with more calories, hopefully that fear will go away.
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    hi all I have been doing the MVP diet for exactly 81 days and I'm just 600grams away from my goal weight.
    I'm feeling guilty with everything I put in my mouth, at the start I wanted to eat more but now Im so paranoid about gaining weight I'm worried I'm never going to eat normal again or every time I eat I'm going to feel like I'm ruining my work. I really don't want to lose more then my goal weight but I think I have become obsessed with eating under 1200 calories. Does anyone else feel like this? Or has anyone reached their goal and continued to lose weight even though they don't want to just because of fear of eating more? ATM even when I have days where I tell myself that I can eat a bit more I always manage to be under. I think the fear is because I'm determined to no get back into my old habits. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    I really don't want to be addicted to this diet.

Yes. I'm still there and now underweight. : /

Someone linked me this - http://jcdfitness.com/2009/10/the-former-fat-boy-syndrome/

and it was really helpful to me. I'm trying my best to eat more!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I think it has to be a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I was really struggling to lose weight at first then discovered a link between Hypothyroidism and wheat intolerance. I decided to go wheat free/low carb for 2 weeks to see what happened first.. I lost 7lbs first week, 4lbs second. I then had to decide whether this was a diet I could sustain for life.. I decided to stick with wheat free (for majority of time where possible) but still allow carbs like rice, potatoes in diet.

At first I only allowed them once a week and stuck to strict diet either side of that day to see how much it affected water retention.. I found it was mainly the wheat which was making me gain 4-5lbs a day (after re-introducing it temporarily as a test). ATM I have 2 treat meals a week which include chips or rice and rest I try and replace with other things ie carrot & swede mash instead of mashed potato, sweet potato chips or parsnip chips instead of fried or oven chips.

This is something I think I can stay on for life I still have chocolate.. I was never really bothered about pastry cakes and pies but found substitutes for my favourites (a rhubarb crumble topped with oats instead of pastry crumbs and gluten free chocolate brownies).

only exception I have made is i still have a regular mini yorkshire pudding on a sunday (which is regular flour) but its only thing that contains a small amount of wheat... if I could find a gluten free one I would switch to that. I find as its so small literally 2 bites, about 45 cals.. and only one day a week ( as removed wheat from rest of the week) it has no effect and I can still lose weight.

You have to decide what for you.. is something you can't live without out and how you can turn it into a lifestyle change rather than a 'permanent diet'!

p.s I'm still eating well over 1200cals and still losing. I only cut wheat-based cereal, regular bread and pasta. (though I use the gluten free versions instead)