A Man's Guide To Pleasing A Woman At Christmas

Options

Replies

• paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This is so good material, I am sharing it with my male friends !! :bigsmile:

YES!! Go forth and spread the word, puh-leeze for us ladies :flowerforyou:

P.S. These suggestions apply to birthdays, Valentine's, anniversaries, etc :wink:
  • dragonssoftballmom
    Options
    You are a genius!
  • Schmarrn
    Options
    interesting topic :D this year i am giving myself my own christmas gift lol you know ... single is the new married ahahahaha
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    An enjoyable read :drinker:
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    OMg, you know women for sure. I made my husband read this, and I hope he got the point.
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wow.

makes me glad I'm gay :)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Loved this!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    amazing that a guy wrote and came up with this. it is enduring and wonderful....you are one smart man :)
  • jonbobfrog
    Options
    I'm a girl who once got a chameleon as a Christmas gifts and I routinely ask for tattoo money as gifts, and even *I* think this hit the nail on the head. Nicely written!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    my fav part.... last line.

"Wrap. Wait. For. A. Kind. Of. Busy. Day. (but not too busy). Shortly before bedtime for the kids tell her you will take care of them and recommend she go and enjoy those wonderful bath bombs and candles you got her for Christmas that she hasn't had time to use yet. PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION. You have exactly 10 minutes after the water stops running in the tub or you are out of luck. Let the dogs out, get the kids to bed (bribe them if you have to), lock the doors and turn out the lights in the house. By minute 10 you need to be in the bathroom getting ready to slip into the tub with her. Why 10 minutes? Because after that she will be relaxed and too far gone to even know you are there. If I have to tell you what to do from here step away from the computer, leave the house and never come back. She deserves better."
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Some good stuff in there, I say never fear to venture into scary territory with gifts (clothes, jewelry etc). Chances are even if you don't get it quite right she will still appreciate the effort.

I always laugh when we finish work at lunch time on Christmas eve, and the same handfull of guys are chugging down their last beer ready to go out and start their shopping! They are the same ones that give me funny looks when I tell them that I'm finished, and what I bought.

By the way, my last presents to my wife have been a necklace, a handbag and perfume (all with no consultation :tongue: ). Oh and the last time I bought her flowers was for no occasion at all, just 'cos. (that's a handy tip there boys, they love that s**t! :wink: )
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have found my MFP crush. :blushing: And I'm printing this out for my hubby. Thank you so much for this.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Marry me, please /swoon

Edit: Oh snap, you're already taken :( Great list - I'm showing this to my boyfriend!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Good man and so very true! My birthday is right before Christmas and usually gets forgotten or thrown in with Christmas. But not by my husband! He recently bought me the best birthday presents I've ever gotten before. It was so special to me b/c he bought me a bagful of gifts. Every gift was something I had exclaimed over or said I loved in the past year. It was so precious to me that he had paid attention for such a long time and REMEMBERED! I cried for a good ten minutes :)

I would too! That paying attention is the key thing - not just generic rose petals, but dahlias or orchids if you prefer them... or something other than flowers if you'd prefer that! It's the feeling that the person knows you and understands you and has put effort into pleasing you.
  • debswebby
    Options
    Good man and so very true! My birthday is right before Christmas and usually gets forgotten or thrown in with Christmas. But not by my husband! He recently bought me the best birthday presents I've ever gotten before. It was so special to me b/c he bought me a bagful of gifts. Every gift was something I had exclaimed over or said I loved in the past year. It was so precious to me that he had paid attention for such a long time and REMEMBERED! I cried for a good ten minutes :)

I would too! That paying attention is the key thing - not just generic rose petals, but dahlias or orchids if you prefer them... or something other than flowers if you'd prefer that! It's the feeling that the person knows you and understands you and has put effort into pleasing you.

That is the most important thing. It doesn't matter if the gift costs £1 or £1000, if they have thought of you and put effort into it, its priceless.

My husband is poor and lazy so any gift I get has been chosen by me and paid for by me (he does eventually give me the money back). This year, if I get what I really want I have to put £25 towards it myself. As well as paying out the allocated £30 on him. I'm thinking I'd rather not have it. Being poor doesn't help but the total lack of thought does grate somewhat. Consequently, I can't be bothered with him either. Anything I have done hasn't been appreciated. No pressure on me either then
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    I can honestly say I have never experienced any such romance in my whole life! *sigh*
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    not a new hoover then, hahaha
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Please tell me where can i find one of you? :smile:
  • mummyv811
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!! I don't consider myself a typical woman and into all that romance stuff... but if someone did even one of the things on your list I would probably melt!

:laugh:

Merry Christmas to all! :drinker: