Runner's.....

angbieb
angbieb Posts: 668 Member
How many miles do you run in a week? Please list your typical weekly workout schedule if you would? :smile: I'm just curious as to how many miles you run and what other kind of training you do along with your running. Thanks!!

12867208.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I don't have any set schedule for running, but I aim to run between 3-7 miles 3-4 times a week. It really depends on what I feel like doing, the weather (if running outside) and what I feel like eating later in the day, so I can be sure I burn enough calories. :laugh:

In between running, and sometimes on the same days, I like to hit the gym for a circuit of strength training, maybe hopping on the elliptical or bike while I'm there, or if I don't want to go anywhere, I do a custom workout on EA Sports Active 2 for the Playstation. (It's a video game, but not a game. Review here: http://www.isthisbliss.com/?p=101 )
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 668 Member
    Forgot to ask, I'm also wondering what kind of vitamins you all take?
  • keldawm
    keldawm Posts: 35 Member
    I run 4 times a week. 3 to 4 miles a run. Will be increasing my miles in January for training.
    I strength train several days a week for 30 to 45 minutes. I take a multi vitamin daily.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Right now I'm ramping up my mileage for a 30k race in March. This week will be a 24 mile week, running 5 days a week. Next week it goes up to 26 miles.

I believe the 2nd week of January I'm going to 6 days a week because of the steady mileage increase.

I just take a multivitamin once a day, and also an iron supplement every other day because I'm borderline anemic.
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Right now I'm running 3-5 miles a day, 3-4 times a week, plus one day of cross training and 1-2 days of strength training (on the CT and easy run days). I take centrum every day. I'll be running my first half marathon in May, so I'll be increasing my mileage every week (I'm planning on doing Hal Higdon's plan for the half mar).
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Recently, since the weather has turned colder and it gets dark so early in the day, I've been running 2-3 times/week, 2-6 miles at a time. In the spring/summer/fall I ran 5-6 times/week, anywhere between 3-6 miles. I take vitamin D, Omega-3, and B-Complex.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Through this winter, I am aiming for 3 to 4 days a week and three to six miles a run.

My goal is Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun with Sunday being the longest run of the week.

I started running in August 2010 for the first time in my life. Last winter, I used the cold as an excuse and sort of had to start over again to build up mileage and endurance in the spring and do not want to have to go through that again.

I also trained for a half in October but since then life has been busy so my base mileage and endurance has gone done.
  • I run 3 to 5 miles a day, 4 to 6 times a week. I weight train everyday alternating between upper and lower body. I don't take any vitamins. I do drink a third of a serving of my protein shake before and another third of a serving immediately afterwards.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    I run 6 days a week. 3x short runs @4 miles, 2x med runs at 8 miles, 1x long run at 16 miles.
    Mon- off
    Tues - Med
    Wed - Short
    Thurs - Med
    Fri - Short
    Sat - Long
    Sun - Short

You can find the plan details here. Its a long read but definitely a great plan that a lot of endurance athletes use with success.
    Also note that this took me a long time to build up to this mileage, I had previously been using Hal Higdon's Intermediate 1/2 Marathon plan when I switched over to this plan to continue to build my base for the HIM last weekend.
    http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=1612485;search_string=runtraining;#1612485

ETA: I was swimming 2-3 times a week along with this and cycling 2-3 times a week.
    I've currently finished up my season and switching to maintain my mileage and work strength training back into my plan, while cutting swimming and cycling back to 1-2 times a week.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    I run 4 times a week. 3 to 4 miles a run. Will be increasing my miles in January for training.
    I strength train several days a week for 30 to 45 minutes. I take a multi vitamin daily.

Same here plus a flax seed oil pill recommended by my physician to help with the "aging female distress" (ie. nigh sweats).
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    I run 3 times a week and I aim for 3-5 miles. I also strength train 2 days a week, lifting heavy, my goal is to be able to do 10 pull ups by July. Running has made me feel so powerful, when I started C25K I could hardly do the 1 min without thinking I was going to die. To be able to run 45 min without stopping is amazing.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    I'm running 5 days a week with a cross train of walking one day as well. I'm in the middle of Hal Higdon's Half Marathon training program. I'm doing his novice plan even though I've got over 33 half marathons done. I'm coming off injuries as well as ... well, what would I call it ... time off from exercise. Oh, the word is LAZY.

Anyway, I do 4-5 miles on M/W, 3 miles on Sun/T, and my "long" run on Saturdays. Today the long run is 8 miles, but it will go up by a mile each week until my halves in January. On TH or F I walk an hour - I don't track miles, but it's probably around 3.5ish. Maybe less, maybe more.

I don't take any vitamins.
  • Hey there, my training schedule:
    Monday 6am 30min run=5km/3.1mile PM spinning and bodypumpclass
    Tuesday 11km/6.7mile run Bodybalance class
    Wednesday 6am 30min run combibodypumpclass PM (not allways) spinning and bodyshapeclass
    Thursday fitballclass 30min bodybalanceclass PM runningtrainingwith the group
    Friday 6am run 30min bodypumpclass
    Saturday AM 30min run
    Sunday long run 10 to 15mls
    Supplements: multivitamin/omega3/seleen/calcium/vit C/glucosamine

Upcoming races: next week a half marathon, 25km january 7, februari a half...etc etc. April 2012 Rotterdam marathon
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    i have a question for the OP: why do you want to know? how much do you run, or are you a new runner? and what is your work out plan and goals?

just want to know so you don't push yourself too much and hurt yourself because you see all these runners putting on so many miles.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    I just started a half marathon training course, so I'm starting at about 12 miles a week in 3 runs which will slowly increase until my race in March. The high the week before the race is 20 miles (5,5,10). For cross training I usually ride a stationary bike (me and the elliptical do not get along) and I also just started doing Yoga... it still it tough and hurts, but I know the flexibility and core strengthening will help in the long run.

I don't take any vitamins, but I am eating better than I used to, so I hope that's good.

Like the above poster, i am also doing the Higden novice, but only run 3 days a week, on the dealers choice run/crosstrain days I do crosstrain (since I am a beginner and the extra mileage might hurt more than help, so i work on strengthening with the cross training)
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    I am training right now. This week was 15 miles. Next week is 19, increasing each week.
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Right now I run 3-5 miles at a time, usually 3-4 times per week. No vitamin.. I know I should but I don't.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    i run 3 miles at one time, and i do that 5 days per week. i'm a beginner runner. :smile:
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    oh and i forgot, i also do weight/strength training 5 days per week. i add in elliptical and stationary bike a few times a week, too.
  • proftay
    proftay Posts: 2 Member
    I run 4-5 times a week, 2-4 miles a day. I'm not training for anything, but I have done 3 halfs and 1 full marathon. I take Usana vitamins and supplements, and I really feel like they make a huge difference for me.
This discussion has been closed.