Options
    yes and quite often actually...I said she was hot..and it was a question

sorry, Judge that you dont like me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,977 Member
    Options
    yes and quite often actually...I said she was hot..and it was a question

sorry, Judge that you dont like me.

I don't know you - so I don't know if I like you or not....but I nearly always have a visceral reaction to your posts, and wonder :huh:
  • ontheedge50
    ontheedge50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Holt Moly! That's Crazy Cool! Good for you!!!!
    My husband thinks hot. I think she's a damn determined lady!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is really neat!!!!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    wow....that's great you got to talk to her.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm just thinking out loud here. Is the not exercising more than 8hrs/week, trying to keep it around 5. Is that to make it so that it is sustainable long term? In our everyday lives who has time to stay at the gym or workout for long periods of time. If we workout 2hr a day and our bodies get use to that then life starts getting in the way won't we gain our weight back?

I'm glad to hear the limit because sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough when I hear about people spending 2hrs or more at the gym sometimes 6 days a week. I do about 1hr, 20 min. 5 days a week so it's encouraging to hear I'm falling into a good habit.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm just thinking out loud here. Is the not exercising more than 8hrs/week, trying to keep it around 5. Is that to make it so that it is sustainable long term? In our everyday lives who has time to stay at the gym or workout for long periods of time. If we workout 2hr a day and our bodies get use to that then life starts getting in the way won't we gain our weight back?

I'm glad to hear the limit because sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough when I hear about people spending 2hrs or more at the gym sometimes 6 days a week. I do about 1hr, 20 min. 5 days a week so it's encouraging to hear I'm falling into a good habit.

Personally for myself I don't understand the 8 hour a week limit...I've just never heard it is all.:flowerforyou:

Would someone in the 'know' be able to share on why that is recommended? Also is that cardio only? Weights only etc...guess that's where my questions lay. Combo of Mind and Body, Cardio, Weights? :drinker: :smile:

Keep in mind Jillian also says NOT to eat workout cals so she may have her own way of doing things.

Yes, I like Jillian but just saying is all :happy:

FC:heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

careful missy:laugh:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Wow that was great. I am almost in your same boat! It was really helpful!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

careful missy:laugh:
    I know....that's why I tossed in that I like her so someone might respond that knows and won't simply guess or god forbid think I'm bashing her:blushing:

. Well either way I work out more than that and I LIKE IT!:tongue: Just wondering what her theory behind it is......

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    FC I think Jillian is talking about watching out for fatigue. If you work out too much, you don't give yourself the time you need to rest the muscles. Fatigued muscles don't burn calories right, and it becomes a diminishing return. Also fatigued muscles can lead to injuries as the smaller, supporting muscles take on larger rolls they aren't designed for and they can strain or even snap. Especially succeptable (sp?) to this is the muscles in the lower back. That's why a strong core is so important.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    FC I think Jillian is talking about watching out for fatigue. If you work out too much, you don't give yourself the time you need to rest the muscles. Fatigued muscles don't burn calories right, and it becomes a diminishing return. Also fatigued muscles can lead to injuries as the smaller, supporting muscles take on larger rolls they aren't designed for and they can strain or even snap. Especially succeptable (sp?) to this is the muscles in the lower back. That's why a strong core is so important.

Oh oh oh!! Thanks for taking time to explain Banks, I didn't even think about her perhaps referring to fatigue.

Ok, gotcha:wink: I didn't really fully understand why we would limit ourselves to like an hour a day.

But you make perfect sense when shared that way. Was hoping it might be you that came along to shed some light for me:tongue::drinker:

Thanks again Banks,
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Saturday night/early Sunday morning, I was totally blazed at a diner with friends. I guess a few last fumes of MJ were still swirling in my mind, because when I woke up Sunday morning, I thought "OMG, I'll call Jillian!"

Am I the only one who is confused about this? :huh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Saturday night/early Sunday morning, I was totally blazed at a diner with friends. I guess a few last fumes of MJ were still swirling in my mind, because when I woke up Sunday morning, I thought "OMG, I'll call Jillian!"

Am I the only one who is confused about this? :huh:
    I was too Resa:laugh: :laugh: ... here's what I think it says and Phoenix can shed light on it if I'm way off.:tongue:
    I was so wasted smoking some pot (mj=mary jane=pot) early am Sunday at a diner with my buds I thought hmp, I think I'll call Jillian Michaels from the BL for the heck of it on her radio show now that I'm awake.

How's that? I think I got the jist of it for us Resa:wink::laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying, Fitnesschick... I must be getting older than I thought!!!:blushing:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I just had a chance to listen to the part of the audio that was yours PF. I find it funny that she just said the same thing that I said back in march in my expectations post about your body fighting you (Phase 5). Nice to know Jillian has the same idea about it that I do. :tongue:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

(yeah, ok a little pride going on here, I just can't help it)
  • MissResa
    Options
    It's not always considered boasting if you're right... And maybe you do need some extra props for all the crap you put up with on this site!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I just had a chance to listen to the part of the audio that was yours PF. I find it funny that she just said the same thing that I said back in march in my expectations post about your body fighting you (Phase 5). Nice to know Jillian has the same idea about it that I do. :tongue:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

(yeah, ok a little pride going on here, I just can't help it)

You write great posts Banks, from both your knowledge and your Heart...that's why you have the respect you do here on MFP!

I think you should feel pride in all that you've shared of your knowledge and life experiences!:flowerforyou: :wink:

I have a great deal of respect for what you say here.:happy:

• SHBoss1673
    Options
    And the funny thing is, I kind of have to hide most of this stuff at home. Cuz my wife (ack, don't let her hear me say this) has been doing this stuff for about 20 years, has accumulated a TON of knowledge (where I got a lot of my base), and we are both pretty strong personalities. So in her mind, I'm the newbie, and when I mention anything regarding nutrition or exercise, it can get dicey. Kind of like a student trying to explain to a teacher how to do a problem. I'm not saying I have surpassed her knowledge, but I will say that there are areas that I have delved more into the clinical research area then she has, so I have more empirical evidence then she does. I don't know if you guys can imagine what that's like, but it's awkward, I think that's one of the reasons I like to post info on here so much, I get all this knowledge, and normally I would share and discuss with the wife, but this topic... well... that can get a little weird. Plus her best friend is a Personal Trainer, and a former competitive body builder, so she kind of doesn't like to be "told" anything (it's not as bad as all that, we work out together and I take her body pump class sometimes, but it still get's a little touchy about once a month). I dunno, maybe I need to go back to my therapist:tongue:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Anyway, sorry Phoenix, didn't mean to thread hijack here. Back to Jillian. I do envy you, I'd love to talk to her live. Although after my first 20 questions, I think she'd HATE me.