Baked Chicken Breast Recipes

Options
I'm looking for some delicious baked chicken breast recipes. Any ideas? :)

Replies

• allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bump! I usually just throw whatever seasonings on frozen breasts (usually rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, maybe a bit o' paprika, onion powder, garlic powder...) but it gets boring, fast!
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    i spray mine with pam, then liberly put lemon pepper seasoning..zero cals. then i put more pam on it then i bread it with about 1/3 cup bread crumbs ( ones that dont have high fructose corn syrup)..then i bake either in oven or i use on pan with more pam
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I slice down the side, put some low fat mozarella inside, then pesto around the outside, whack it in the oven for 40 minutes with some cherry tomatoes & have with salad :)
    Delicious!
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Put some pesto onto the chicken breast, cover and bake, or you can cut a slit and put it inside either way works.

Cut slits on the chicken and place half slices of lemon in the slits, sprinkle with erbs you like (i do rosemary or mixed herbs and garlic) and bake.

Either make or buy a jar of tomato pasta sauce, pur over chicken ( i usually do some veg too like peppers, courgettes etc) and bake.

Hope this helps!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli and a bit of leek. black pepper and a layer of cheese on top. nomnom :)

though I usually cut the chicken, potatoes and broccoli up first and cook it on a pan (sometimes with olive oil, sometimes without). but that's because I'm paranoied about under or overcooking it in an oven (I suck at watching the clock)
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wrap in tin foil and add a small amount of white wine along with lemon slices, black pepper and a sprig of thyme.

I also coat in low cal spray and cover with bbq seasoning.

delish!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle with Mrs Dash or whatever spices you like, heat oven to 350, bake for 20 minutes, let rest for 5, enjoy! They are super tender and juicy this way and make great leftovers.

Serve with pinto beans, salsa and low fat cheese for a quick, low calorie mexican meal.
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just last night I tried this and it was awesome:

Baked chicken breast and when it was done, I put two tbsp of salsa on top along with a small amount of shredded cheese and put it back in the oven to melt the cheese. Once I had it on my plate, I added a tbsp of sour cream for along with some chopped green onion. I had this with a spinach salad, it was totally awesome and low cal.
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    stovetop cook it with 98% fat free cream of chicken soup with paprika.
  • lilbuddytatertot
    lilbuddytatertot Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i spray mine with pam, then liberly put lemon pepper seasoning..zero cals. then i put more pam on it then i bread it with about 1/3 cup bread crumbs ( ones that dont have high fructose corn syrup)..then i bake either in oven or i use on pan with more pam

i bet your chicken never sticks!
  • witzy21
    witzy21 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love the baking in spaghetti sauce idea! Will try that tonight :)

I always grill it plain and load up on side veggies, but like someone said, that gets boring.

Reading these posts gave me the idea of cutting a slit and stuffing the chicken breast with chopped mushrooms then pouring reduced fat cream of mushroom soup over the chicken and baking it covered in the oven.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken

*You can use whatever variation of ingredients you want - I just chose these because they're low in sodium.

6 Giant Eagle Nature's Basket - All Natural Fresh Chicken - 99% Fat Free Hand Trimmed Boneless Skinless Breasts, 4 oz. each
    1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
    1 can Kuner's Black Beans No Salt Added, drained
    1 jar Pepper Dog - Salsa
    1 cup Green Giant Niblets Whole Kernel Corn (Frozen)
    1 envelope McCormick's Chili Seasoning Mix - Low Sodium

Rinse off chicken & place in a baking dish. Top with soup, beans, corn, salsa & seasoning mix. Mix around with a spoon until it's all blended and covering all of the chicken.

You can either make this in your crock pot on low for 6 hours, or in the oven. I covered it with foil at 350 for 2 hours, then dropped the temperature to 300 for a last hour, uncovered.

Serve with rice.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Bump! They all sound yummy :o)
  • jeniferdawn6
    jeniferdawn6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken

*You can use whatever variation of ingredients you want - I just chose these because they're low in sodium.

6 Giant Eagle Nature's Basket - All Natural Fresh Chicken - 99% Fat Free Hand Trimmed Boneless Skinless Breasts, 4 oz. each
    1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
    1 can Kuner's Black Beans No Salt Added, drained
    1 jar Pepper Dog - Salsa
    1 cup Green Giant Niblets Whole Kernel Corn (Frozen)
    1 envelope McCormick's Chili Seasoning Mix - Low Sodium

Rinse off chicken & place in a baking dish. Top with soup, beans, corn, salsa & seasoning mix. Mix around with a spoon until it's all blended and covering all of the chicken.

You can either make this in your crock pot on low for 6 hours, or in the oven. I covered it with foil at 350 for 2 hours, then dropped the temperature to 300 for a last hour, uncovered.

Serve with rice.

I have got to try this. My crock pot is my best friend!
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My current favourite:

Mix a spoon of red pesto with half a tin of tinned tomatoes. Put chicken into a roasting bag and add the tomato/pesto mix. Tie the bag and bake for 40mins. Ten minutes before the end, open bag and empty into an ovenproof dish and put some slices of low fat mozzarella ontop to melt. Serve with boiled brown rice and steamed veggies.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I pound my out & spread some laughing cow on it & a slice of thin ham. Roll it up & use a tooth pic to hold it together. Bake ~ yummy!!!

I also poud it out & uses Fiber One Cereal to bread it & pan sear it & than poor some rec'd Fat cream of mushroom soup over. I am sure you could do this in the oven as well but, it only takes like 15 mins on the stove top.

Serve either of them with rice or baked potato & veggie. Both are family favorites loved by all.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I put some Special K in the food processor and coated the chicken and baked for 20 minutes, it came out very tender and just yummy!!! Had Broccoli and a salad to go with it :)