epic/iconic movies you're ashamed to admit you've NEVER seen

Options
1235»

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen The Little Mermaid. Apparently it's a classic for my age group!

Don't know your age group but if it's anywhere close to mine then YES it is a classic! As are Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King. I love them all!!
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    Ok, spill. What are the movies you know you HAVE to see but have just never gotten around too? I'm guilty of a bunch!

Schindler's List
    Saving Private Ryan
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Rocky (any of them)
    Gone with the Wind
    Casablanca

oh, and Titanic I suppose, although I don't really count that since I absolutely REFUSED to watch it!! lol

I heard they're re-releasing Titanic in the movie theater in 3D.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I've seen Return of the Jedi...but I always fall asleep during the other Star Wars films. My 3 brothers might disown me if they knew.

Never seen The Godfather. Or Casablanca.

*shrug*
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Star Wars (any)
    Star Trek (any)
    Godfather
    Rocky

I know there's a ton more but can't think of them. My fiance and I have this conversation at least once a month, he insists I grew up sheltered. I was too busy on the boat to be watching movies!! My future father in law says that I have to watch either the Star Wars series or the Star Trek series before I'm allowed to marry his son. Oh, and we have all of them, I've just never bothered.

Oh! Back to the future! I've only seen the first one, and only because when he found out I hadn't seen it he drove to the store to buy it.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    STAR WARS! I might just be the only person on the planet who's never seen even one of them!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Star Wars (any)
    Star Trek (any)
    Godfather
    Rocky

I know there's a ton more but can't think of them. My fiance and I have this conversation at least once a month, he insists I grew up sheltered. I was too busy on the boat to be watching movies!! My future father in law says that I have to watch either the Star Wars series or the Star Trek series before I'm allowed to marry his son. Oh, and we have all of them, I've just never bothered.

Oh! Back to the future! I've only seen the first one, and only because when he found out I hadn't seen it he drove to the store to buy it.
    I guess I'm not the only one! haha. The only one I have seen from your list is the back to the future movies!
  • guccigirlxx
    Options
    The Good the Bad and the Ugly
    Casablanca
    Rocky
    The Hangover
    I'm sure there's more X))))
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know I have quite a few but the only one that really stands out in my mind in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. Oh and Gone With The Wind and Casablanca. I know there are more...hmmmm
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know I have quite a few but the only one that really stands out in my mind in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. Oh and Gone With The Wind and Casablanca. I know there are more...hmmmm

:embarassed: Oops, sorry about the double post!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Ok, spill. What are the movies you know you HAVE to see but have just never gotten around too? I'm guilty of a bunch!

Schindler's List
    Saving Private Ryan
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Rocky (any of them)
    Gone with the Wind
    Casablanca

oh, and Titanic I suppose, although I don't really count that since I absolutely REFUSED to watch it!! lol

I heard they're re-releasing Titanic in the movie theater in 3D.

I heard that too. My friend told me about it, she LOVES Titanic, and asked if I wanted to go. I told her I'm NOT into it. She asked if she payed me to go with her would I......I said maybe! lol
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Titanic. And I'm not actually ashamed of it. No movie should be made about something when we all already know how it ends. But, actually, I'm just not down with Hollywood profiteering off genuine tragedies.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Looking through the responses, I haven't seen a lot of the movies mentioned! Can I blame it on my age? lol

and what is with all the Titanic haters? I really liked it! lol
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    Ive never seen :

Lord of the Rings
    Twilight
    Saw
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    ET
    Saving Private Ryan
    Napoleon Dynamite
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    In addition to quite a few I've already seen listed, I've never seen the original Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory...I tried to watch it as an adult and just couldn't do it--eh.

..I haven't seen the remake either..but that's not really surprising. :)
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-5765900