Ground Turkey, Ounces to cups?

Options
Does anyone know how many ounces of cooked ground turkey would be in 1/2 cup?

Replies

• proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Wiki says: Weigh it if possible... Four ounces of beef is one quarter of a pound (16 ounces to the pound).
    Volume depends on the texture of the meat. 4 oz. is somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 cup before anything is added.

I just Google if I'm not sure of something...everything is on Google!:wink::laugh:
    hth:smile:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • VGanieany
    VGanieany Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found this post 7 years after the post but no answer so- when I got home yesterday, the food scale I ordered was delivered! and to answer this question, I took a measuring CUP and filled it with 'scrambled' cooked ground turkey (93% lean) and it was approximately 5 oz. this is give or take in how you pack the cup i imagine- I just scooped it out and lightly pressed it in. Of course the chunks have some space between so, 5 oz is the closest approximation of cup to oz conversion that I can offer! Just happy to offer that up seeing I've looked for the answer for over a month since I started using MFP- I've been "guesstimating." So plug in 5 oz anyway- the few less calories it may miss won't kill you!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    VGanieany wrote: »
    I found this post 7 years after the post but no answer so- when I got home yesterday, the food scale I ordered was delivered! and to answer this question, I took a measuring CUP and filled it with 'scrambled' cooked ground turkey (93% lean) and it was approximately 5 oz. this is give or take in how you pack the cup i imagine- I just scooped it out and lightly pressed it in. Of course the chunks have some space between so, 5 oz is the closest approximation of cup to oz conversion that I can offer! Just happy to offer that up seeing I've looked for the answer for over a month since I started using MFP- I've been "guesstimating." So plug in 5 oz anyway- the few less calories it may miss won't kill you!

There quite clearly were 2 answers....
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Much better to weigh before cooking, then weigh again after cooking to know what % of the cals you are getting in your portion. Most cals are listed for raw weight.