Does anyone still use the Slimfast drink method?

2»

Replies

• Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    ahhh....Slimfast... they still make that? I did Slimfast as a teenager (when I wasn't fat) and it started my lifelong yo-yo dieting problem. :frown:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    When my daughter was an infant, she was very close to falling off the scale for being underweight. The doctor offered many suggestions on how to get her to consume more calories - one being give her Slimfast because it's calorie dense.

I opted to go other routes. Doctor Mom just couldn't swallow giving her kid Slimfast even though intellectually I knew she'd be fine, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    I drink one almost every morning with a banana. I order them from Amazon in bulk so they are not so expensive. You can still get them in cans on Amazon and not bottles. I don't see anything wrong with them and they taste good and satisfy my chocolate cravings.
  • hiyoli
    hiyoli Posts: 13
    I used them for about 3 months when I first started losing weight. Like others have said, it's not really nutritious, expensive and doesn't teach you anything about how to eat. It's also very high in sugar and low in protein, so it provides no energy for a workout. I suppose it's good for days you're really busy and need a meal supplement, but I'm sure there are other more nutritious and feeling options.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    It'd make me want to cheat! I need to chew.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    I tried them because I have a really hard time eating in the morning. They are gross and have little nutrional value. Now I make a fruit smoothie and in some protien powder.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Now ive found MFP, no need to ever do "diets" like that again.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Slimfast is highly processed junk-food. Eat real food or at the very least do a protein shake instead. You are not doing your body any favors by trying to lose weight that way.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    My sister did it for 5 months, dedicated and lost 5-10 lbs each month. She went from 210 - 170 lbs.
    She said it was easy for her and worked well. She hasn't put any weight on either.
    She LOVES food, but was happy having one awesome meal a day.

It depends on your schedule I guess.
    If you don't have time for breakfast, making a shake is pretty darned easy!
    And if you're too pooped to make dinner, then TADA another quick meal. :D
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    think your Slimfast is the equivalent of our Optifast. I use it every second day and eat normaly but wisely on the other day.I find it convenient and a way of making sure my calorie intake zigzags.Plus, I know, I'm weird, but i LIKE it.:smile:

Slimfast isnt the same as our optifast. My sister did the optifast diet and her doctor told her never to consume slimfast, boost or ensure due to the fact it has a lot of sugar and hidden calories. Optifast is totally different from these other products. Thats one reason why optifast is a medically supervised diet....not to mention the fast weight loss. :smile:
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 177 Member
    I have tried to do Slim Fast multiple times and only failed at it and wasted money. I would buy the shakes, and then they would just end up sitting in the fridge having to be thrown out. I never felt like they filled me up. I really tried it in high school and it sucked trying to drink my lunch while everyone else ate theirs. Not to mention, I thought they tasted absolutely disgusting. One time I almost threw up on a kid across the table from me because I thought it tasted so bad. I would reccomend doing a diet where you count your calories. You won't feel as deprived and it's just all around a better way to try and lose weight.