Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just got a George Foreman

2»

Replies

• iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    We just got one too... I'm working on a low-cal 6 Dollar Burger (Carl's Jr.) idea... I'll keep you posted on how it goes. :)

Here is what I did:

Honeysuckle White - Ground Turkey 4 oz
    Sara Lee - Hearty Healthy 100% Whole Wheat, 2 slices
    Avacado-Whole, 1 oz whole (1/4 of whole)
    Kraft - Blue Cheese Dressing , 1 tablespoons
    Sliced Tomato
    Sliced red onions
    Kraft Singles - White American 2% Milk Slices, 1 slice

Huge sandwich, and yes I could make it even lower calorie, but so good.

About 500 calories.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Trader Joe's has these great pre-portioned extra lean burger patties. They are 150 calories and 5 g of fat. I use turkey a lot too but every once in awhile I like a real burger and use these. I season them and put on the GF. YUM! On a light wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, and whatever else, it's a much healthier, lower-cal burger. I will make some Mccains Oven Roasted Potatoes (The all American seasoned ones) and a veggie of some sort makes a great, filling meal.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    The George Forman I have came with interchangable plates. I made waffles in it once. Maybe not so healthy but really really yummy
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Personally, I wouldn't cook chicken in it....
    It could be just me, but I find it gets very dry...
    Cooks quickly, but ends up being dry.

Marinate your chicken with something before cooking, I have never had my chicken dry out in my Foreman... also if you cook steaks for your husband anytime do a bacon wrapped fillet, and mmmmmmm *drool* need I say more?

also I make pannini's on it... put all teh fixing you like and put the whole samwhich in there and grill it for 45 seconds to a minute or until the cheese is nice and melted, mmmmmmmm nummy nums!
This discussion has been closed.