Do men really enjoy women who like to bar hop?

Options
Scorpioangel
Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
PLEASE REMOVE MODERATOR THANKS :)

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    "some" men like drunk girls..................

just sayin'

;)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    it probably has more to do with being willing to have a "good time" in the way they like to have a "good time". Nothing wrong with not wanting to partake.

But perhaps less judgement on those who do, might also help.

You don't have to be the party girl at all. Just don't be the girl who complains about the party girls.
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    No... I don't really need that in my life. I'm well past the "bar hopping" stage of life, and I , like you, would prefer to stay out of trouble with the law. I limit my intake now, and it works for me. The calories do not impact this decision, either.
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Bar hop? No.
    Enjoy going somewhere to have a few drinks from time to time, some fun some laughs...yes.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    No I don't complain about it but I don't find it fun and prefer not go to to these events that is all. I have a wide variety of interests and just get annoyed when it seems that all everyone wants to do is drink (considering I don't want a DUI). Don't get me wrong I like a few drinks but I don't want to waste money every weekend at a bar carrying on only to feel crappy the next day. I was just curious on if it was just me and apparently it is. That's ok though :) Nothing wrong with being different :)

A lot of people like to do that this time of year. Just the way it is, not sure why.
    Maybe some night you could suggest board games and wine at your place? Or not even wine. Just something relaxing like that.
    Or just say "no thanks, maybe next time" or carpool and take turns being DD, if you do feel inclined to join?
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of ways to meet people of the other gender while stone-cold sober. I, however, have met most of my squeezes by falling drunkenly into them before any sober getting-to-know you dates ensue! :blushing:

I like a drink, and I like men who like a drink, obviously not to excess. Since joining MFP I plan my calories carefully when I'm going out for an evening and definitely focus more on quality than quantity, and probaly derink more at home with a meal than in bars. Who wouldn't rather have a couple of glasses of vintage red rather than a pint the lager that's the same everywhere you go.
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    aww honey.. you are totally normal. If someone doesnt want to hang out with you because you dont drink or bar hop every weekend then you dont need to hang out with that person. I used to go out out every weekend before I had my kid.. It was a stage of my life that is over now. I could care less about it. I do like to have girls nights occasionally and we will either have a slumber party with our munchkins (YES i still like slumber parties!) or if we have sitters we will go out. I personally think meeting a guy that bar hops every weekend is not going to be the best catch for a relationship though lol :flowerforyou: you are normal!
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    No I don't complain about it but I don't find it fun and prefer not go to to these events that is all. I have a wide variety of interests and just get annoyed when it seems that all everyone wants to do is drink (considering I don't want a DUI). Don't get me wrong I like a few drinks but I don't want to waste money every weekend at a bar carrying on only to feel crappy the next day. I was just curious on if it was just me and apparently it is. That's ok though :) Nothing wrong with being different :)

I agree with you. Of course, I'm old and boring. LOL!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I only go out to bars or clubs on occasions, every month or two. Back in college I didn't mind going a few nights a week, to meet girls and have fun.

There's only about 8 of us at work that are 35 or under, I think 6 of them drink a few times a week, I'm not one of them. Looking at everyones body type, you can tell who the drinkers are (both guys and girls). They always invite me over for a drink...I never go.

I agree that it takes a toll on your body, and is usually a big waste of money. I can tell ya that 2 of the dudes who drink nightly are also the ones who gotta show up at 8am to pick up their cheques, or are always short money when they actually need it.

Why do that to yourself? I don't really see the plus side to it.
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    it probably has more to do with being willing to have a "good time" in the way they like to have a "good time". Nothing wrong with not wanting to partake.

But perhaps less judgement on those who do, might also help.

You don't have to be the party girl at all. Just don't be the girl who complains about the party girls.

THIS. For example: I was out with some people last weekend, and there was one girl that obviously didn't want to get tipsy. She had a beer or two, but was totally unfriendly and rude to everyone else. Totally not someone I would ever want to spend time with. If you can't enjoy yourself, whether you drink or not is irrelevant.

Have some fun, and don't be a stuck up <female dog> all the time, and people will prefer your company, regardless of whether you drink or not.