What do you do??

Options

Replies

• GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Commodities Relocation Engineer and part time Musician.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Lets see, I am a cook, a housekeeper, a peacemaker, a chaufer, I am a stay at home mom, so I do a little bit of everything, but I wouldn't trade my job for all the money on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I was working as an office assistant / bookeeper and in the activity department (meaning we played all day) at the local retirement home. However, in August I went very very part time (like 6 hours every two weeks to stay home and take care my disabled child. My list at home is to long to write. :smile: Love my "new" job though!

Lauramg, love your new pic!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I was working as an office assistant / bookeeper and in the activity department (meaning we played all day) at the local retirement home. However, in August I went very very part time (like 6 hours every two weeks to stay home and take care my disabled child. My list at home is to long to write. :smile: Love my "new" job though!

Thanks.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

"played all day" I am chuckling hard...thanks
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    Well, let's see.
    I graduated uni when I was 21 with a double honors in English and History.
    I have been in S. Korea since I graduated teaching ESL.

I have just applied for a 2 year fitness and nutrition program. I hope to become a personal trainer and spin instructor :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Well, let's see.

I have just applied for a 2 year fitness and nutrition program. I hope to become a personal trainer and spin instructor :)

thats a huge change...how come?
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    Well, let's see.

This past year I have totally changed my life with regards to fitness and nutrition. I am living on an air force base right now and have really gotten to know the trainers here and have shadowed and think it's a career I could really excel at. I want to help people overcome all those issues I had to overcome to get to where I am now.

Plus, I really dislike children and teaching.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Well, let's see.

This past year I have totally changed my life with regards to fitness and nutrition. I am living on an air force base right now and have really gotten to know the trainers here and have shadowed and think it's a career I could really excel at. I want to help people overcome all those issues I had to overcome to get to where I am now.

Plus, I really dislike children and teaching.

I think I know what you mean...I have thought what a great job it would be to be a trainer and counselor in fitness,,,,and the kids.....how some teachers do it for 30 years? maybe they are a bit wacky..lol
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    I think they are crazy!

Kids are not for me. When I think about having kids... my mind immediately thinks 'stretch marks.'

Don't know how some people do it, but they do. It's just not for me.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I think they are crazy!

Kids are not for me. When I think about having kids... my mind immediately thinks 'stretch marks.'

man I love that kind of honesty
  • rncarol94
    Options
    I am a registered nurse. I work private duty at nights for a nine year old that is on a ventilator. I am going back to school for my masters in nursing.:flowerforyou:
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    I think they are crazy!

LOL.

And as I say that I am knocking on wood I'm not knocked up right now. With my luck.....
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    haha It is way more enjoyable than being an Enginerd for a diesel engine manufacturer...

:laugh: Ok, never heard the Enginerd title before, TOTALLY going to steal that one. I myself am currently a Household 6,,,,,fellow military wives back me up here. Sure am glad I took all those student loans out...
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I think they are crazy!

LOL.

And as I say that I am knocking on wood I'm not knocked up right now. With my luck.....

you got me laughin out loud...for real...thanks
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think they are crazy!

LOL.

Thoughts like that should be deeply hidden, the irony gods are getting ready to nail you...you are soooo getting knocked up soon.:tongue:
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm a photographer. I'm in my second year of business. Wedding industry, here I come.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    7th grade teacher in inner city east oakland:wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I am everyones on MFP personal comedy engineering consultant...

aka court jester... as appointed by FC:heart:
    :laugh: :tongue:
  • banfathi99
    banfathi99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hang out in the local stream, play in the water a bit, catch some fish, chop 'm up, play on a boat, follow an occasional fish and go camping . AHHH the sweet life of a salmon biologist!!!