single and shaving??

Options

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    lets make this simple...when you are out to dinner the last thing you want iis to find HAIR in your food RIght...........ENOUGH said ! LOL
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    lets make this simple...when you are out to dinner the last thing you want iis to find HAIR in your food RIght...........ENOUGH said ! LOL

LOL - my husband says he likes to floss AFTER dinner, not b4 and not during!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

You gals shave your......um, how do I put it delicately...............'down there' regularly? Doesn't it get itchy and irritated if you don't? You shave it all? I can't even imagine...........................sorry, but that just grosses me out!

The 70s and 80s was all about shaggy, long hair... these days its all about being clean-cut or shaved. The times... they are a changin!

Yeah, but YOU're a guy! Do you shave yourself bald (or balled, if I may be so bold ;) lol.............
    Sorry, but God put hair there for a reason!!! I can see trimming, but nekkid?
    ugggh................that's like being a 7 year old girl, and it's just wrong (imho.)

Okay, my opinion only, folks.

Mother nature put hair THERE long before we needed clothes. It is no longer essential to have hair for survival.
    The younger generation doesn't look at it with the same eyes as you. Best not to judge others simply because you don't do it. Like tattoos and piercings, it's here whether you understand it or not.

Not judging......just expressing my opinion.

If these gals like doing it, more power to them. I know I'm of a different generation, and do understand that times have changed. This is one I won't be keeping up with, however.

And I do believe that shaving is a cultural thing. If NO one ever shaved, it would be normal for us to be more hairy, and no one would be grossed out by it. As for hygiene, body hair can be cleaned easily, just like the hair on your head :wink:

thanks for your comments.............
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options

You gals shave your......um, how do I put it delicately...............'down there' regularly? Doesn't it get itchy and irritated if you don't? You shave it all? I can't even imagine...........................sorry, but that just grosses me out!

The 70s and 80s was all about shaggy, long hair... these days its all about being clean-cut or shaved. The times... they are a changin!

Yeah, but YOU're a guy! Do you shave yourself bald (or balled, if I may be so bold ;) lol.............
    Sorry, but God put hair there for a reason!!! I can see trimming, but nekkid?
    ugggh................that's like being a 7 year old girl, and it's just wrong (imho.)

Okay, my opinion only, folks.

Mother nature put hair THERE long before we needed clothes. It is no longer essential to have hair for survival.

The younger generation doesn't look at it with the same eyes as you. Best not to judge others simply because you don't do it. Like tattoos and piercings, it's here whether you understand it or not.

Hey now, the younger generation (me) see's it exactly her way! At least I am 99% sure I'm not the only one.
    Completely bare down there? I think it's icky :noway: I'm not trying to offend anyone that's just my opinion.
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I find it a turn off when men engage in too much grooming - it seems unmasculine. I'd rather him pick up the check than pick at his pubes.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    As for hygiene, body hair can be cleaned easily, just like the hair on your head :wink:

thanks for your comments.............

Fortunately, the hair on my head doesn't get exposed to the same elements throughout the day LOL
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    when i was 18 i shaved the whole right side of my body on a dare. yes everything head to toe the whole right side. now it tends to be the hairy side. and i have todo manscaping to keep that side tame and uniform.

As for ladies shaving, what ever makes her comfortable is fine by me, hair or no hair. no worries.

You're a keeper! lol.
  • ilovemyhorse
    Options
    I shave it all. I don't want a jungle down there.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

When I was the younger generation and it was all the rage, I still agreed that I didn't want to look like a kid. It's not something I'll ever do either. :)

Y'all can remove what cha want, I care not. haha Just don't ask me to.

Well that's one purpose of a landing strip/Hitler 'stache! :wink: ooh, did I go too far? :laugh:
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Best thread EVER! Well, this and the one about top ten auto correct mistakes of the year. (Damnyouautocorrect.com) or something like that.
    The playground will be kept clean and tidy, as long as his is too. :smokin:
    And while my experience with men has been limited as compared to some of you other ladies, I don't know a whole lot of men that like that whole "70's pubes fro" thing. Actually, that goes the same for women too, I think!

And JR, LOVE the alfalfa pic!
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    laser for me so no need to shave
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well.... I had always been the single gal and I always shaved my legs because I am just prissy like that. My boyfriend, bless his heart, tells me that I don't 'have to do all that work' for him. He is so cute! He thinks it's for him and I will not have him think otherwise; but this is how I've always been. My grooming habits do not seem to be in relation to my relationship to another. (Shrug).
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida...so while some of you are sporting your snow boots and long johns and thick socks...I'm currently in shorts and a t-shirt. So I like to keep up with it, haha. Even in colder weather, I prefer to wear shorts to bed, and I don't want to feel like a spider. Even when I did spend a few winters up north in the past, I still kept my legs shaved, just because the feeling of hair rubbing on jeans and pants and leggings really irritates me. As for "down there," I have to admit...when I was single, I did it less frequently, but never even close to the point that it was considered a fro or anything. :laugh: Nowadays, it's all gone...the most I'll go is a couple of weeks (hair there grows really slowly on me, for some reason) It actually kept me in check on my first date with the man who is now my boyfriend, haha.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    laser for me so no need to shave

I'm getting that done as a gift to myself after I graduate!! :drinker:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options

When I was the younger generation and it was all the rage, I still agreed that I didn't want to look like a kid. It's not something I'll ever do either. :)

Y'all can remove what cha want, I care not. haha Just don't ask me to.

Well that's one purpose of a landing strip/Hitler 'stache! :wink: ooh, did I go too far? :laugh:

or the dorito chip
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ewww, is this just an American thing? bikini line and keeping things tidy is a given, but why do grown women want to look pre pubescent?

No, because I'm American, and I don't do the whole no-hair thing. I can't believe how many people are saying they do!! That's a lot of upkeep. Now trimming (they have these wonderful beard-trimmer type things at CVS for women) is a definite must. But bare, no thank you.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Ewww, is this just an American thing? bikini line and keeping things tidy is a given, but why do grown women want to look pre pubescent?

What I was just thinking, word for word, before I turned the page. I am a grown woman and I have pubic hair. Deal with it.

And...how much time do you really have to spend between your own legs and is that really the best use of it???
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Let me guess, 99% of the "Eeew, hair is unnatural and it makes me want to vomit" crowd are American. *rolls eyes*

Well actually, men who want their women to look the same as they did before puberty hit them make me want to vomit. As do women who have been brainwashed into thinking it's somehow wrong to look like a woman.

Keep your barbie doll looks, I'm staying normal. Yes, shave if YOU want to, I do shave some places sometimes, but not because my man cannot handle the fact that he's got an actual *gasp* woman on his hands.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Lol, this is too much! I'm not gonna get any work done if I stay on here any longer!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    <rant>
    So much judgement coming from the anti-trim/ shave crowd. If you don't like it, no one is making you do it. Why come on here and cast dispersions on those that do. It's a common thing. Deal with it. Besides, the OP is just wondering if your routine changed from being in a relationship to being single, not whether you approve of it, like it, your boyfriend expects you to do it, or anything else.

</end rant>
This discussion has been closed.