What's your frame/build? I'm 5'3"and...

Options
so I see tons of people's before and after pics and I would have never been able to tell that they had such a small frame. I'm not too sure what kind of build I am. I've always been fat, since I was about 8 years old. I'm curious to see if I am a small or medium frame...

has anyone else had this happen to them, either don't know their build or lost weight an realized they were something else??Maybe have some before/after pics? I'm 5'3" and my starting weight was 190lbs and I'm currently 175.4... I think I'm a medium build(I don't really what what's classified as a small/medium/large build) but I guess we will see when I get to my goal weight, or maybe I'm just a tard lol.

What are the "requirements" (I dont know how else to word this lol) for being considered either small,medium, or large build??? How do I know which one I am?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and 137 pounds :o(

HELP ME!!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm also five feet three inches; i weigh 122 lbs. All in my stomach, hips & behind. :(
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 132. First GW being 125 by Feb 16th & second being 120lbs by May 1st. :)
  • Jermisha
    Options
    so I see tons of people's before and after pics and I would have never been able to tell that they had such a small frame. I'm not too sure what kind of build I am. I've always been fat, since I was about 8 years old. I'm curious to see if I am a small or medium frame...has anyone else had this happen to them, either don't know their build or lost weight an realized they were something else??Maybe have some before/after pics? I'm 5'3" and my starting weight was 190lbs and I'm currently 175.4... I think I'm a medium build(I don't really what what's classified as a small/medium/large build) but I guess we will see when I get to my goal weight, or maybe I'm just a tard lol.

Not sure what body frame size i am but I am 5'6 and 212 pounds.:cry:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (on a good day!) and currently am at about 152

I know what you mean about frame. I hold muscle pretty easily, so I always assumed I had a large frame (my starting weight was 173). Not true!! I actually have a small to medium sized frame. I hold all my weight in my belly -- the most unflattering place -- of course!!
  • Jermisha
    Options
    5'4" and 132. First GW being 125 by Feb 16th & second being 120lbs by May 1st. :)

You look like you weigh around 120 pounds now. I would have never thought you were 132 pounds.
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" ....range from 195-200lbs. Carry most in my legs (Polynesian blood) and upper back/shoulders
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    5`3`` and 110 pounds at the moment, trying to stay at 105ish!
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (on a good day!) and currently am at about 152

I know what you mean about frame. I hold muscle pretty easily, so I always assumed I had a large frame (my starting weight was 173). Not true!! I actually have a small to medium sized frame. I hold all my weight in my belly -- the most unflattering place -- of course!!

I know it's really confusing :( ... I don't know if I'm small/med/large frame. Lol I was thinking of posting pics of myself once I get to my halfway mark for weightloss
  • gumigal82
    Options
    5'2, petite frame, about 123...but more muscle now:) I started 126-7, size 4, and now 2. Big accomplishment: I got back into and zipped up my "sexy" size 0 jeans! (Still have a little more work to do to look and feel fab in them;)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm quite small around my ribcage, I carry a lot/most of my weight on my hips and thighs. Not sure if I'll still look hour glassy when I lose the weight! It's hard when you've been over weight all your life to imagine your self at your gol weight :(
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weigh 128 lbs ISH (could be anywhere from 130-125 tbh as haven't weighed in 3 months), and have a small frame (not that I believe massively in frame sizes meaning much). I have a 28 inch back which is apparently much smaller than anyone in the world ever (according to here), except my entire family, and narrow hips (34 inches), but I have size 6 UK (8.5 US) feet, which is quite big compared to other people I know. I am not someone with an obviously small build. I put on and hold muscle very easily. I just seem to have some narrow bits.
    So maybe small skeleton, but average build due to muscle?
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    6'5 and weigh 364 right now on my way to 280 where I was in my glory days of youth!!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I weight 174lbs wearing a size 8 US jean.
    I am a larger build, meaning my bones are a bit wider and larger I think. My Doc let me know I am a larger build after monitoring my weight and body measurements, lean body mass and such.

He was explaining to me that I will always weigh more because my frame is larger even if I fit in smaller sizes. It is true that I have always weighed more than others, in high school for instance I developed an eating disorder because they were going to kick me off the gymnastics team if I didn't loose weight to be within the healthy range, and I was a size 4 to 6 US pant.

I am going to post some of my pics:

Wedding photo 03/06/2008 was 205lbs size 14-16 us jeans
    DSC_25561.jpg

Last year 08/2010 was 283lbs size 24 US jean
    DSCN01611.jpg
    DSCN01241.jpg

These were taken two weeks ago in my bathroom and I am 174lbs size 8 US jean
    _DSC05362small.jpg
    _DSC05282.jpg
    _DSC05231.jpg
    _DSC05191.jpg
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and my starting weight was 158.6 lbs last December. I am now roughly 130-133lbs depending on what day it is. I considered myself a medium build but now a small build because I'm small on top but bigger at the bottom. I guess you can also say I'm a borderline hour glass/pear shape! LOL

http://www.freedieting.com/body_shape.htm
  • cxxviii
    Options
    I'm almost 5'8 and 138 pounds. (GW 128).

US dress size 2-4 depending on the brand.
    In Korea I'm a 65,
    In Germany a 36,
    In Canada about a 6-8.

Weird world.
  • butterflimom
    Options
    I'm 5"4' 155 and have always heard that I was a large girl,lol so I assumed I was large frame. Now that I have lost over 100 pounds I wouldn't consider myself large framed, but somewhere between small and medium. I carry my weight in my mid section, thankfully just not as much as before :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You can actually measure your frame. Google, "body frame calculator" (I would post the link but I'm on my phone, no tabs) and you can see how to measure to know for sure. Your frame size has to do with how big your bones are, not whether or not you hold muscle well.

I'm short and everyone is always telling me how I have a tiny "build", but I'm actually a medium frame, borderline large! I'm 5 feet tall.
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 187 lbs. I always considered myself large boned but who knows after reading some of the posts? I think that I will figure it out the closer I get to my goal weight. I have lost 10 lbs so far and my goal is to get to around 150ish and see how I feel then. I may go lower or I may be happy at that weight???

My ultimate goal is to be strong, healthy and fit!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7", medium build, and currently weigh 136# --- aiming for 130... if i don't make it, not a huge deal. i am in midlife, have 4 kids so staying healthy and fit is my main goal.