What Do You Count Towards Water?

2»

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    It's ONLY water, or it would say "drinks" instead of "water" if it wanted you to include soda, coffee, etc.

Water is water.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Water only.

I drink other stuff but I only count water.

This.
    I agree. This.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    I only count the actual water, but I say if it has no calories, no sugar, and no caffeine it could be counted.
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    I study nursing and someone on a fluid balance chart, you count every liquid in their diet. That includes water, tea/coffee, soup and jelly. Good enough for them, good enough for me!
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 189 Member
    I heard the very same thing.
  • I only count water and my brewed tea (plain). I have made another category for other beverages such as soda(diet), coffee, and alcohol. These as calories, sugar, sodium so I want to add it to my daily log.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 417 Member
    Only water. Everything else gets logged on my diary.
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    I count water. There are other drinks people drink and many of those have a diuretic effect which would cancel out some of the benefit of the fluid intake from them.
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    I count water. There are other drinks people drink and many of those have a diuretic effect which would cancel out some of the benefit of the fluid intake from them.

Standard tea does not have a diuretic effect on regular drinkers.

http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v61/n1/abs/1602489a.html

Quoted from the above article "Normal hydration was consistent with tea consumption when the caffeine content was <250 mg per cup."