I think I want to quit

Options
I have been here for the last 13 months and lost a total of 15-17 pounds. I work so hard and see no difference on the scale.

It's true that I went from size 12 to a bit snug size 2
And I have more energy then I ever had before
Sure my blood work is all in the healthy range
My bodyfat went from 30% to 22%
I can carry my groceries all the way home
I am getting sexy arms
I am feeling more confident
I am feeling sexy

But the scale is not moving :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:noway:

All that to say that the scale is a lying B****. Your weight will go up, it will go down. People ask me how I can stay commited. I stay commited by remembering how I feel right now compared to before. Do I wish I could just sit on my behind and eat mindlessly?

Heck yea.... I am very lazy. But just one meal of junk makes me feel so awfull that i remember why I eat to feed my body and why I get off my bum and go to the gym. Everyday, we get posts about the scale not moving (it get worst on friday usually LOL). People being depressed because they didn't lose or even gain. They are using a very bad tool to tell them how they are doing. Make a list of things that are changing!!!!!

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by your post.. are you trying to motivate others or are you wishing your scale would move while your a size 2??
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's true that I went from size 12 to a bit snug size 2
    uhhh yea, I'd called that a huge success...
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Throw the scale away! Your other measurements are way better!!!

Keep it up - there is a new life after being heavy. Congrats to you for finding it
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Well said!
    :smile:
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm sensing a fantastic sarcasm theme to your posts tonight. Well done! You made me chuckle both times. :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    read the whole post Cora....
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    God Yanicka - you're such a loser! :heart:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by your post.. are you trying to motivate others or are you wishing your scale would move??

Oh do not worry about me. I was just ironic. Can you believe that I actually am considered overweight if I go by my BMI?
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, Yanicka.
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Throw the scale away! Your other measurements are way better!!!

Keep it up - there is a new life after being heavy. Congrats to you for finding it

Totally agree with this!!!
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    i love that some people dont get this post haha. congrats on your success!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by your post.. are you trying to motivate others or are you wishing your scale would move while your a size 2??

You obviously didn't get it.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    personally, and its just my opinion, you arent supposed to be smaller and you are gaining muscle i have been maintaining, between 145 and 148, for 8 months now. it sucks, but me going from a 14 to 4, a loose one, you are doing great. people say you can always lose weight, but i dont believe that. you have all the signs of great health, dont let the scale get at you. i call that scale a piece of crap too, :laugh: but its the fat, look, feeling better, take those goals. im bad with the scale too, but you have to measure your milestones other than weight. it is hard, i can work out an hour without thinking about it, run up stairs in no time flat, do yoga moves, etc. just keep those in mind. if you want to talk, feel free to friend me, and never give up. your health is too important.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Vous êtes une rockstar!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Sadly, some of this going on here...

44d61455315980c08cce79c3d2d578cf.gif
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Word up!

According to the scale, my weight has only gone down 2.5# in six months. According to my eyes, my body's changed a LOT since then. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/417315-being-fit-really-rocks
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    also, screw the bmi. im considered obese/barely healthy, and i wear a size 4, so screw that sucker.
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree... I HATE the scale! I haven't weighed myself in months and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon. It's really discouraging when it doesn't move or when it goes up; especially when you have been working your a** off and sticking with your calorie goals... Ugh. It just annoys me thinking about it!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm sorry, but your body fat percentage is 22 and you are a size 2? I'd work to keep the scale there or to increase, not to move down. Maybe you need to talk to someone. You might have started some bad thoughts/habits.

BF of 22% for a size 2 is very good. Just for your info, weighing scales has nothing to do with how fat you are. Its better to have a high BMI but with a normal body fat % than weighing less but have 30% body fat, aka "skinny-fat". I've seen a lot of people like this especially in Asia & they know it because they have set a different BMI standards wherein if you have 23, you are considered overweight & 26-27 is obese. The reason is that these people may look thin but in reality carry more body fat. Average women here weigh about 45-50 kgs. but their body fat percentage is 27-30% which is considered "overfat". The point here is that don't rely solely on the scale to chart your progress because it only estimates your total body weight & doesn't know the difference between fat weight & lean body mass weight. You can weigh 50 kgs. or even less & be considered underweight by BMI standards but can still be technically called "chubby/fat" because of a high body fat percentage.