Have you ever brought something that didn't fit you but the

Options

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I do this, but I mainly get my clothes at consignment stores. If I see a nice pair of jeans a size or two too small for $5 I won't pass them up. If I end up not liking them when they fit I am only out $5 and I can reconsign them.
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I bought my daughter a pair of really cute jeans 3 years ago and they didn't fit her. I just couldn't take them back. I decided to try them on last week and was so happy to find out they fit me!!!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    yeah, i'll usually buy a goal outfit to see how long it'll take me to fit into the outfit.. which includes jeans and shirt.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple outfits and put them in the closet. I forgot they were there. They went into the bags going to the Goodwill with the rest of the stuff in my closet. :ohwell:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend bought me this sized Medium jacket just about a year ago this month and she said one day you will wear it. Well she was right, now it became my favorite because it reminds me of the day we bought it.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Yep! I just bought a dress from forever 21. It is my ultimate goal dress
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    The last time I lost all my weight I was in a size 8 on top and size 10 on bottom. It was then I decided to throw away all my size 12s. Even though at my heaviest I was probably bigger than a size 12 I refused to buy any bigger! Still would! When I met my would be husband the weight slowly crept on with all the dates and being contented!
    I am slowly getting the weight off and am starting to get back into my smaller clothes. Not all but some. I cannot wait to get back into all my jeans! I can only fit into one pair at the moment. Even though they are all size 10s. Some are more generous than others!
    Trouble is at the moment I cannot seem to eat properly and don't seem to have the time for exercise! I break up from work the end of this week so will try to get exercise in then.
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I have a gorgeous pair of hotpants from cyberdog, when I first got them I could barely get them on. Then I could get them on but not zip up entirely. Now I can zip them up entirely and my thighs aren't obvious! Next step is not muffin-topping in it.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I bought my daughter a pair of really cute jeans 3 years ago and they didn't fit her. I just couldn't take them back. I decided to try them on last week and was so happy to find out they fit me!!!

haha that must feel really good! :) did u ended up telling your daughter about them?
  • reserge
    reserge Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep I bought a dress 2 years ago on sale even though it didn't fit. I am planning on wearing it out on Friday night. Finally. Shame it is a couple of seasons old, but still tastes sweet.

Also I bought a size 14 dress from an op shop (thrift store) without trying it on the other day thinking "oh I'll lose wight into it" - was only $1.50. Imagine my shock when I fit into it??!!
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had my eye on the cutest hoodie, but I kept waiting to get it- and they sold out of my size! So I bought the next size down with the intention of getting into it. Now that I'm on track I'm hoping
    It will be perfect this spring!

I have a closet full of clothes that somehow (lol) shrunk on me and those I wore when I lost weight before. I need to spend a day trying them on and re-assessing which ones are goals now and goals later. Putting them in shrinking order!

There is NOTHING better than shopping for clothes and finding you need to keep trying on smaller sizes. I can't wait to do that again!
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do this.

INFACT ive bought all my holiday clothes for next summer 2012 a size 12 and at the minute im a 14/16 so if i dont lose the weight then i will have to wear winter clothes in the summer lol.
  • emmiexjay
    emmiexjay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes I brought a 18 cardigan and an 18 tshirt.. thinking i'd never get into them.. i'm in them with no problem :D
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I got some cheap size 14 jog pants off ebay.. I can get them on but they still feel a little tight around the tummy for me, so I'd like to lose another few inch off my tummy before wearing them.

problem is sizes aren't uniform I got some 14 PJ's and they fit and aren't tight, but until I can get in any size 14 I won't consider myself a size 14, so still wearing 16's but have dropped 2 sizes (from 20) so I'm thrilled with that!

When I can get in those 14 jog pants and measure size 30" waist I'll treat myself to a pair of Levi's! :wink:
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans in a 9 (I think I bought them at a young person store, which is why they are an odd number) in my closet that I hope to wear someday soon. It was a store closing sale, they were only like 5 bucks down from 50.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I bought a sexy black dress size 16, at the time I was a size 20. As I lost the weight, I wore the dress a couple of times. Now it's way to big so I gave it to a friend. I now wear a size 9. It felt great being able to fit into it and wear it, but it feels even better when it gets too big. :)
  • saartje1982
    saartje1982 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I had a lot of outfits that didn't fit. I just gave everything to charity. When I get to goal I will be shopping.
  • chimebird
    chimebird Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nope. The clothes should be made to fit me, not the other way around.

Agreed! I dislike the idea of my goals being arbitrarily tied to a pair of pants. It fetishizes size and numbers, and that's not why I'm doing this.
  • borgi77
    Options
    I do this heaps, mostly shirts a / t-shirts as they are easier. I do have an expensive pair of pants I am working towards. I think it is a great thing to motivate you.