• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    You said you are 55, but your profile says 19....I call BS

he meant 5'5".
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    25 cups of water weighs 12.5 pounds. There's no need for you to drink that much, and if you had a few glasses before you weighed yourself that could be part of your "gain."
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    half ur days u either did not finish logging or are way under even 1200 cals. U need to be consistent and log everything. ur probably under eating or sneaking food and over eating because you are not logging it.

those days when i don't put any lunches means i did binge in the dinner but i only did that 2 times. most of the time im only eating 800-1100. i take 100 grams of rice and 50 grams of beef every 2 or 3 hours or whenever i get hungry. and every meal i drink 6 cups of water so i get full. i also drink a protein shake in the morning so i would feel less hungry and it's effective.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread says a lot. My head hurts now.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I was really motivated to come in and post something helpful.

But then I read the thread and almost changed my mind. I'll try.

First... you don't want to be skinny. Skinny is ugly.

Just aim for fit. (When you get there you might decided a muscular ripped physique is more to your liking)

Second, start eating properly. Your a 19 yr old guy, you should be eating 1500-2000 calories easily.

If you are having surgeries etc, consult your doctor with some of your concerns - IE- water intake etc.

Slow it down, you aren't going to reach your goals tomorrow, next week, or even next month. It takes time.
    Once you get on some sort of normal schedule regarding diet/exercise/sleep then start taking note of the scale numbers if you must.

Assuming you are physically healthy after consulting with your doctor, you should be taking advantage of this time in your life to transform your body into exactly what you want. With your testosterone levels etc, you should be able to make amazing changes if you really work at it.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    this isn't a troll im 5'5 5 feet and 5 inches. i put into mfp i want to lose 30 pounds b4 june. and it gave me 1200. i barely exercise. my weight is 160-170. if you want i can take pictures of each day. it does go up and go down to 160-170

also at home we have a gram measuring cup. i was very precise too and every food that had a bar code in it. i scanned it and added it to mfp

also i'm always -200 - +200 on what mfp says...

Okay first you're not eating enough. Just switch it to say 1lb a week that doesn't mean that's all you'll lose.
    Cut down the sodium, and give it more time.

It also looks like you're coming up with an excuse to every suggestion you get, if you don't want to change than you won't lose the weight.

I also don't know if you're exercising, try walking 4 times a week for half an hour...

Good luck and give your body time =]
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    You need a proper diet and excercise routine. What you're doing is gonna make you skinny fat. Might want to look into speaking with your doctor about your goals and he can refer you to the proper medical help you need. Psychiatrist, psychologist, or a personal trainer.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion is before you shower in the morning and after you've gone to the bathroom you weight yourself. That or after exercising will help..
  • mattquit
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning because i'm too scared to do it at night. thank you for all the comments.
    It really helped sorry for my stupid replies its because i was just sad and i'm not very fluent in english
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of issues here.

1. You are not eating nearly enough. For a guy who does NOT exercise, you should eat AT LEAST 1500 (that's a minimum--it's probably more like 1800-2000. I'm a WOMAN and I eat 1600 without exercise).

2. You need to eat back your exercise calories. Take others' advice on here and calculate your BMR (there is a calculator right here on MFP under the Tools tab). That's a starting point for determining calorie intake. You said you don't know what sedentary means--it means you sit at a desk all day (I'm set to sedentary because I have a desk job).

3. You are drinking WAY too much water. Cut in half. Too much water can cause your sodium levels in the body to drop too low, which can cause all kinds of health issues, including seizures.

4. Puking is NOT the answer. Go online to webmd.com, mayoclinic.com, etc., and read about healthy eating and exercise. There is a massive amount of information available with which to educate yourself about health and fitness. How do you think most of us learned?

5. It sounds to me like you have some issues with food and body image. Counseling is quite possibly needed here. Talk to your doctor. Men can get eating disorders, too.
  • mattquit
    Options

5. It sounds to me like you have some issues with food and body image. Counseling is quite possibly needed here. Talk to your doctor. Men can get eating disorders, too.

thank you for the comments 1-4. I don't think i have a mental disorder yet since i don't cry every night or at night since i'm fat. it would be kinda weird to tell my parents that i need to see a doctor because i have mental issue that i have mental issues with food and body image when i'm fat. they don't think too much of it
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You're a 19 year old guy. There's no way in the world you should be eating LESS than this 39 year old woman.

I'm about your height and my starting weight was around 160. I lost 30# in about 7 months by eating around 1800 calories most days. As a younger guy, you have more testosterone and muscle mass, and therefore a faster metabolism than a woman twice your age. You need to eat more than I did, and A LOT more that you're eating now.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Dude... chill. Some great comments here. Settle down, take a deep breath, review and put into practice.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I am a parent of a 17 year old and if he posted something similar to what you posted I would get him help. There are a large variety of mental disorders, crying is not the only symptom.
  • mattquit
    Options
    i used to eat 1800 thats why i become 180. at one point this year i was 155 then in the summer i turned 180 and now i'm back to 160. i literally just sit to study or play games and sleep everyday other than school.
  • jmvane15
    Options
    You just have to keep working harder to reach your goal.
  • mattquit
    Options

ya i figured that out now when i posted this i felt bad because i gained 6 or 7 pounds but now i'm back to my 162 weight =)
    when i posted this originally i just wanted motivation but now i'm asking myself if im starving myself.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    ya i figured that out now when i posted this i felt bad because i gained 6 or 7 pounds but now i'm back to my 162 weight =)
    when i posted this originally i just wanted motivation but now i'm asking myself if im starving myself.
    No -- don't work harder. Work smarter.

Take the advice given here, and take the slow, steady route. It is the only one that will give you long-lasting, healthy results.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

thank you for the comments 1-4. I don't think i have a mental disorder yet since i don't cry every night or at night since i'm fat. it would be kinda weird to tell my parents that i need to see a doctor because i have mental issue that i have mental issues with food and body image when i'm fat. they don't think too much of it

Crying every night is not a sign of an eating disorder--a wrong relationship with food is. Making yourself throw up to try to lose weight is bulimia, which is an eating disorder. Unless I'm misunderstanding something you said...

What I said in 1-4 still goes...you need to eat more and exercise. Make sure what you are eating is healthy foods. As for number 5, if you won't seek help with a counselor, then at least find a reputable personal trainer who can show you the right way to eat and exercise.

I'd suggest finding profile pictures on the forums of guys who look like you want to look (there are pics of some really fit, muscular, healthy guys). Go to their profiles and look at their food diaries and exercise diaries. See what they are doing, since it's obviously working. And remember, those guys have put in hours of HARD WORK to get that way...that's the only way this will happen.
  • mattquit
    Options

Crying every night is not a sign of an eating disorder--a wrong relationship with food is. Making yourself throw up to try to lose weight is bulimia, which is an eating disorder. Unless I'm misunderstanding something you said...

What I said in 1-4 still goes...you need to eat more and exercise. Make sure what you are eating is healthy foods. As for number 5, if you won't seek help with a counselor, then at least find a reputable personal trainer who can show you the right way to eat and exercise.

I'd suggest finding profile pictures on the forums of guys who look like you want to look (there are pics of some really fit, muscular, healthy guys). Go to their profiles and look at their food diaries and exercise diaries. See what they are doing, since it's obviously working. And remember, those guys have put in hours of HARD WORK to get that way...that's the only way this will happen.

ya i'm not bullimic. it feels weird and i can't do it and my only good asset is my teeth. thank you for the suggestion i'm trying to do as you said. looking for people who are fitt and looking at their diaries.