Cheat days broke my plateau!

Options
13»

Replies

• alejandralopezflores
    Options
    I will defitnetely try this and will let you guys know !!!! I hope I don't end up keeping the weight :(
  • JeriBee33
    JeriBee33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well if this is true.. this will bode very well for me. My husband works away for 4 weeks.. and then is home for a 1 week. My fear.. is being so good for the 4 weeks he is home and then completely undoing all my work on the week he is home. He has just left... I'm feeling bloated and fat... I am due on.. but tomorrow is my weigh in..

I hope I haven't gone overboard.. or that the extra weight comes off.

So happy if this is true. xx
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    This does work..it is how i've broken mine in the past as well. I feel so sorry for people on here who work out like crazy and eat right at their calories for months on end without any change. i don't know how they don't get burned out.
  • puddlesiam
    puddlesiam Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think I need to test this theory but I just can't seem to 'let' myself do it.
    I've been stuck for 4 (yes, FOUR) months now & am almost at the point where I'll try ANYthing to get the scale moving again....... so long as it's downwards, lol!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Trainers at my gym encourage me to do this. I've even heard them plan their cheat meals!! From what they've said it should only be once a week.

My opinion - make it count. If I know I'm heading out for dinner with the girls on weekend it makes it much easier to say no to the biscuits in the staffroom. I try to plan my cheat meals.

I also prefer to call them Treat Meals - cos psychologically a cheat is a negative thing, which for me would lead to guilt. A treat is a positive thing - I've worked hard so I deserve it - no guilt.

My personal trainer suggested a cheat meal to me, and he does it too. I find that it keeps me on track all week knowing I can have a treat at the weekend.