FOR THE LADIES! Time of the MONTH Question..

Options
Okay Ladies...

You know when it hit time of the month, do you continue working out that day or do you take it off as a rest day?

Replies

• nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends how bad your symptoms are. I don't do anything different. Try not to use it as an excuse!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Exercising helps relieve the pain. Especially going for a walk that really helps - depends on how you feel though. I never have particularly heavy periods anymore, not since I first started.
  • nray44
    Options
    Sometimes I'll feel like I don't want to move from the fetal position but then once I get the motivation to get up and do something I find it actually helps with my cramps. Not sure if it's scientific or just the fact that exercising takes my mind off the pain?
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As much as I might not feel like it at the time I try to continue working out because exercise actually helps with the symptoms.
  • bump040510
    Options
    I agree that exercising seems to help the pain, but my flow on my first day is crazy and not necessarily something I want to deal with when exercising. Nothing wrong with taking it easy one day a month! A walk would be okay, but for me, no strenuous exercise.
  • Tany27
    Tany27 Posts: 21
    Options
    Just wondering ...if its normal not to loose any weight that particular week...as i dont tend to loose any....maybe as the body is bloated up!! Anyone have any similar issues??
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Depends how heavy the flow is. But normally exercising helps you feel bettter.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I did really intense (2-3 times day 600-1,000 cal burn for 5 consecutive days) the full week before they were due and they haven't come though I've had all the cravings and cramps! (and mood swings) :sad:

Last month they came normally though so will have to try next month without the exercise and hope they come back to save me from visit to doctors.
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    Exercising helps relieve the pain. Especially going for a walk that really helps - depends on how you feel though. I never have particularly heavy periods anymore, not since I first started.

So true!!, however hard to beleive especially if you are in the thick of the pain. exercise gets the blood moving and gets more circulation to the muscles that cause cramping. Avoid extra salt the week before and durning. My Doc told me to take calcium supplements everyday and it will help with TOM's revenge. IT DOES!! I cramp less, I bloat less and I am less moody. I also cut caffiene out of my diet as much as possible and it has also made a big difference.
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Not only do I not lose weight but I typically tend to gain a pound or two. Once I'm done I'll go back to my normal weight but it takes a few extra days to lose some pounds. Don't you love being a woman???
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    , do you continue working out that day or do you take it off as a rest day?

yours is one day?

ETA: It shouldn't affect anything...doesn't for me.

http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and-body/exercise-and-your-menstrual-cycle-what-your-period-means-your-workout-schedu
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Not only do I not lose weight but I typically tend to gain a pound or two. Once I'm done I'll go back to my normal weight but it takes a few extra days to lose some pounds. Don't you love being a woman???

same here but most of the weight goes to my boobs.. i notice my boobs goes bigger which is freaking Annoying. lol
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    for me it is solely dependent on the severity of my cramps. Sometimes working out helps. Sometimes it doesn't.
  • xginanax
    Options

yours is one day?

For the pain yes just one day, but the whole thing nope... about for days.
    but i take these pills that my uncle gave me which helps stop the pain in 10 mins.. but my period does continue to come normally. I LOVE THE PILLS!

Oh btw lol my uncles a doctor so he's not some unprofessional person giving his niece "Drugs"
  • xginanax
    Options
    hmm so working out does help then... :S ill try it tomorrow when i'm exercising then see if it works.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Workout! I find it actually helps me! :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

yours is one day?

For the pain yes just one day, but the whole thing nope... about for days.
    but i take these pills that my uncle gave me which helps stop the pain in 10 mins.. but my period does continue to come normally. I LOVE THE PILLS!

Oh btw lol my uncles a doctor so he's not some unprofessional person giving his niece "Drugs"

Well, I don't have any severe pain with mine. Are you on any type of birth control? I've heard it usually makes it better.
  • Jen_Ohara
    Options
    For me I get really bad to the point where it hurts to breath I rest because any sudden movements really hurt and this past one I pushed through the pain on my day 3 to day 6 but my first 2 days I couldn't even go to work it gets that bad. But I know I can't let something like this stop me because I know I need this so much more so I got on my stationary bike and still did my ride for 30 mins and I still did my other things. It hurt after I would work out but deep inside I felt so much better knowing that I pushed myself.
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Depends on how rotten I feel. On the worst day I usually skip workouts, only because I feel like I am going to die of a large cramp.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was totally going to post this question today! Thank you for doing it! Looking forward to reading all the responses. I have horrible periods, and always wonder what other women do!