Replies

• lucy1945
    lucy1945 Posts: 153
    Options
    OP more details on your diet pretty please!!!xx

Off topic...that's the cutest puppy in the world! :):smile:
  • guccigirlxx
    Options
    I read that some people can eat carbs, and some people can't. Usually "apple shapes" can't while "pear shapes" can, and should. I am apple shape (most my fat goes to my torso, not my hips) and I've been doing well on low-carb so far.
    This is interesting. Do you know why? Will eating carbs contribute to an apple shape, or is there another reason it is bad for apple shaped people to eat them?
  • QueenStromba
    QueenStromba Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I read that some people can eat carbs, and some people can't. Usually "apple shapes" can't while "pear shapes" can, and should. I am apple shape (most my fat goes to my torso, not my hips) and I've been doing well on low-carb so far.
    This is interesting. Do you know why? Will eating carbs contribute to an apple shape, or is there another reason it is bad for apple shaped people to eat them?

Apple shapes are apple shaped because high insulin levels cause fat to be stored around the middle. So being apple shaped is actually a symptom of insulin resistance which is why apples shouldn't be eating many carbs.
  • johnlewismodel
    Options
    I've done it for a few weeks and noticed amazing results.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

Apple shapes are apple shaped because high insulin levels cause fat to be stored around the middle. So being apple shaped is actually a symptom of insulin resistance which is why apples shouldn't be eating many carbs.

Or possibly a symptom of having naturally narrow hips? I do, and I also just don't put weight on my legs and hips. It all goes on my top half.
  • whip67
    whip67 Posts: 32
    Options
    Side effects of eating lots of carbs:

33 pounds lost.

Meals taste great.

I take a nap at 3:30. :)
  • QueenStromba
    QueenStromba Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Or possibly a symptom of having naturally narrow hips? I do, and I also just don't put weight on my legs and hips. It all goes on my top half.

If it was just a case of narrow hips then you'd be a rectangle, triangle or maybe even hourglass shape depending on how the rest of you is built. Having all of your weight going on your top half is the insulin. Even when I was 70 pounds overweight I had very little fat on my legs, arms or face - it was all on my torso and the blood tests confirmed that I was borderline pre-diabetic.
  • yummummum
    Options
    well, i am so flipping confused! I eat carbs and stay in my calorie limit and i just can't seem to budge the scale!!! I try really hard to eat healthy carbs. but, i am just more and more hungry. if i eat a diet of mostly meat, salads and veggies...my hunger level goes way down and i start losing. but this is soooooo stinking hard to do! AND so many say this is unhealthy and other say it is the way we are Suppose to eat. What to do???

This was me for years! I was a die hard weight watcher gal. People say it is unhealthy so I was afraid to try something so "radical". Clearly many people seem to lose great eating carbs, but for whatever reason I could not. I tried my hardest!!! Don't be afraid to try, it is a bit of a mindset change, but if you do it correctly and eat FAT and lots of good food you will know it is not unhealthy! Because the changes are so obvious and how you feel is like WOW! so THIS is how I am supposed to feel!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Having all of your weight going on your top half is the insulin. Even when I was 70 pounds overweight I had very little fat on my legs, arms or face - it was all on my torso and the blood tests confirmed that I was borderline pre-diabetic.

Can you provide a scientific study that shows insulin determines fat deposits and not genetics? It was always my understanding that your fat cells are formed in your very early childhood and they just grow and shrink.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/714538
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

If it was just a case of narrow hips then you'd be a rectangle, triangle or maybe even hourglass shape depending on how the rest of you is built. Having all of your weight going on your top half is the insulin. Even when I was 70 pounds overweight I had very little fat on my legs, arms or face - it was all on my torso and the blood tests confirmed that I was borderline pre-diabetic.

Sorry, but that's rubbish. I have had numerous blood tests over the years, including glucose tolerance tests. If I had an insulin issue, it would have been picked up on. How you lay down fat is genetic. Not that I have ever been more than borderline overweight. I don't think my BF has ever gone above about 25%
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am defiantly going to do this thanks for the advice and info!!!!!