Replies

• gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I'm doing the April 21st one in MS.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    The Warrior Dash at Horseshoe Resort (in Barrie) is on Saturday, July 21, 2012. I'll be there as will be my husband, my girlfriend, and I'm hoping some more of our friends. We've never done it before but are SO excited about it (and a tad scared - lol). Looks like a lot of fun.

http://warriordash.com/register2012_ontario.php

Horseshoe Resort
    1101 Horseshoe Valley Road
    Barrie, ON l4M 4Y8, Canada

My friend and I are so psyched to do this for the first time in 2012! I can't wait!
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    DO IT! It's so much fun (<--- check out the pic LOL). I highly recommend getting in training on a stair climber assuming your location is anywhere near as hilly as the ski hill we run on in MN.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yes will be doing my first one in June in Nebraska! So far there's about 10 of us doing it together. Can't wait!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    We're doing the Oregon one!
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I ran it last year in MI and will be running again this year. It's a blast. No special training is needed. Unless you want to work on climbing a rope, crawling on the ground, hurdles, etc...

I'd like to try the Tough Mudder or a Spartan run this year as well.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ugh I want to but the one in Colorado doesnt start till August, and i move to california in June :( theres no posting for the California one.

FYI, the California races are listed as SoCal and NorCal, that might be why you couldn't find them. :-) I'm interested in doing the one at Lake Elsinore in March, but my upper body strength is questionable at best. Am I going to find myself unable to climb the walls, etc, or is a modicum of muscle sufficient if I'm not going for time?
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For the Ontarians doing Warrior Dash 2012 at Horseshoe - I just found another dash, a CANADIAN FOUNDED one! :)

Called Met Con Blue @ Blue Mountain on June 1st - 3rd 2012!!

http://metconrace.com/
  • roamingriley
    Options
    A group of us are doing the one in New England - Thompson, CT. Are you still doing it? We will train on trails and are doing interval training now. Can't wait.:smile:
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for the Oregon one.. my first race ever! :D
  • aulove
    aulove Posts: 34
    Options
    Signing up for the Nashville WD. Looking forward to it; my friends say it's a blast. Gives me a goal to work toward while getting into shape.
  • SVPQR
    SVPQR Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I will be at the Nashville WD as well!!! Im very pumped I even bought the black stuff that goes on your cheeks. :smile: