I AM FAT!!!

iTim__
iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
Would you believe it? When I started MFP in November of last year, my biggest shock was entering my height and weight in the BMI tool to find out I was obese. "Obese" is "clinical" and a term used to describe folks they have to burry in piano boxes... not how I saw myself, but an awakening nonetheless.

I've stuck to MFP as much as possible since then. Entering my food and exercise and learning lots along the way. I remember when I discovered that all salads are not created equally -- the devil in the taco salad for example. I also learned if I mess up, I can make an immediate U-Turn by hitting the treadmill or going for a long walk (that was a cold dark night to discover those fish tacos had 1100 calories all by themselves).

That brings me to today. On my weigh-in this morning, I am delighted to announce: “I AM FAT!” Which I gleefully declared as I came out of the bathroom. Today I finally made it below the "obese" section into "overweight" (or FAT) section of the BMI. This is a huge accomplishment and something I needed to share with all of you. Thanks MFP community and thanks to MFP. I'm fat and happy today.

Replies

• iTim__
    Would you believe it? When I started MFP in November of last year, my biggest shock was entering my height and weight in the BMI tool to find out I was obese. "Obese" is "clinical" and a term used to describe folks they have to burry in piano boxes... not how I saw myself, but an awakening nonetheless.

I've stuck to MFP as much as possible since then. Entering my food and exercise and learning lots along the way. I remember when I discovered that all salads are not created equally -- the devil in the taco salad for example. I also learned if I mess up, I can make an immediate U-Turn by hitting the treadmill or going for a long walk (that was a cold dark night to discover those fish tacos had 1100 calories all by themselves).

That brings me to today. On my weigh-in this morning, I am delighted to announce: “I AM FAT!” Which I gleefully declared as I came out of the bathroom. Today I finally made it below the "obese" section into "overweight" (or FAT) section of the BMI. This is a huge accomplishment and something I needed to share with all of you. Thanks MFP community and thanks to MFP. I'm fat and happy today.
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    That is so awesome!:drinker:
    You are an inspiration! I want to be FAT!:laugh:
  • congrats!! i can't wait to be fat!! lmao!!! :heart: :heart:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Hehehe I know exactly what you mean. I have a little chart I use for my 2 lb/week weight loss goal and in the margine I have that exact thing when i leave the obsese category!
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Awesome! I know that must be a great feeling! Which I'm sure anyone hearing that outside of this website would think I/you are crazy for saying that! But whoo hoo for being FAT! LOL
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    :flowerforyou: congratulations! you worked so hard for this moment! yay for you!
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Congratulations!! You're PHAT!!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Congratulations! :drinker: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • doodlebug
    doodlebug Posts: 44 Member
    :smile: GREAT JOB!!!
  • yey!
  • ptf9
    ptf9 Posts: 12 Member
    well done!:drinker:
    Good to hear that there are others who aspire to being fat.
    At my current rate I plan to be fat by mid April.
    signed: fat man stuck in an obese body
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    congrats Fatty! LOL...I am still "fat" myself but left "obese" and ...nice...keep it going!:smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    great job! :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    WOO HOO! Here's to fat!! :drinker:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Good for you and tks for sharing your success and good news that you are no longer in the overweight category. Keep going!! :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congats, and thanks for sharing. You are doing great, keep up the great work.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    WTG, great job before you know it you'll be at your goal! :happy:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    go tweber, go tweber. woot woot!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    I can't wait to just be obese instead of "morbidly obese" what awful person thought up these labels anyway? :huh: Good for you keep it up!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • iTim__
    Thanks Amy! I don't know who comes up with the labels. For me it is a motivator. Others might find them hurtful. In the end, I just want to be there for my kids and wife... and I think I can be there a bit longer if my heart isn't working so hard. In case you're wondering... I am still fat and happy. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!