Friends with your ex's

Options
Kushgetti
Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
I thought this would be a great topic, are any of you friends with your ex's???? Does that affect your eating or how you view yourself???? I have great relationships with all my ex's 4 one reason or another. No need in being angry @ them. I rather be friends then enemies, better life that way. Then later on down the road if something sparks again, you have your friendship as a foundation

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I don't hate him, but we are never going to be friends, and that's because he doesn't want to be friends.
    So I'm civil for the kids.
  • Kushgetti
    Options
    That's great can never force a friendship....but really great ur civil 4 the children
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My ex is my best friend EVER. He's godfather to my daughter and my maid of honour as such at my wedding! I wouldn't be without him!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Recently divorced. She refuses to act like an adult. So, unless she quits acting like a child, it won't happen. I've gone overboard to help her out, and keep the peace, but since the divorce was my choice, it'll take a while for her to get over it, if she even can. At least we're civil for a son's sake.

Edit to add: Known each other for 22 years, married for 15.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i am friends with a few exes. the only down side is when they get drunk and ask you to come over... obviously they dont get it.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Friends? Not yet. However we work together very well for the children.
    He doesn't affect my eating anymore. I'm working so that he doesn't affect my self image. Getting there!!

"doesn't mommy look like the hulk" didn't even phase me! lol
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Most of them, no. One from college is my best friend. We talk every single day and when Im home we hang out all the time. I miss his face!! ah! Cant wait to see him for Christmas! The only effect that has on my weight is all the drinking and bar food we consume when we hang out. haha
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I don't see my ex-wife anymore. I also doubt if I did we could ever be friends.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Yes, in fact my son's father is coming to live with us until he find an appartement in my city. My daughter's father on the other hand, we are civil for the kid but he tried to completely take away our daughter from me so I do not trust him one bit.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Nope. We're not.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Nope not friends w/my ex . I would like to be , things would be a lot easier since we have 4 children together , but not possible .

I have remained friendly with exboyfriends from 100 yrs ago though, before I was married .
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I only have one ex and it wasn't a serious relationship. We were friends before and we remained friends afterward. Unfortunately, there are too many miles between us and we don't get together very often. It makes me sad, I miss him.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My first "ex" and I were very close after our break up, until he dated my best friend and broke her heart, then I punched him in his face and we weren't so close after that.

My other "ex" was really great but we never really dated, and it was all very complicated and then he moved, far far away.

My most recent "ex" was less divorced than he claimed to be. We are polite but he's got 3 kids and a freaking WIFE.

And no, none of them effect my eating now. I was struggling with an eating disorder during 1 and 2 though. I had to stop drinking after 3, ugh, that was almost very very bad. I'm fine now, though.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm still friends to varying degrees with several ex-girlfriends. No ex-wives though. Only married once and I'm still married even though she gets pissed off because I'm still friends with several ex-girlfriends. Hahahaha
  • OrangeUK
    Options
    Nope.

One of them left me on New Years eve.. 20minutes to new Year "Because she didn't want to be with the same person all her life". But that is okay, she left and move to Turkey with some dude she knew for 3 weeks. And she was 18 btw. Way to go on the non-commitment thing :P

Anyway, i'm happy with my current life :)
  • Kushgetti
    Options
    to tell u the truth my I relationships never affected my weight or how I ate only because I made sure they like me 4 who I am 1st....

1st ex=knew for 6yrs b4 our relationship...distance played a part in our breakup....it's now going on 11yrs & we remain very close.

recent ex-thought he had accepted my weight however when I broke it off he used my weight against me & said some of the meanest stuff ever. but now he just saw me cause it had been 4 months...mouth 2 the floor....we r friends but I don't think we will be as close as my 1st ex only because he never wanted 2 be friends in the 1st place after the break but 4 me if he wants me in his life....friendship is the route...so he has accepted that. he tries 2 be sneaky
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love this topic people always ask how i can be friends with my ex and say that you cant be friends with your ex! Im just like well just kus your ex was a douche bag doesnt mean mine was. I only have one ex and he is my BEST Friend we broke up in January by a mutual decision and i was very heart broken for a long time but i love the guy (love him not in love with him anymore lol) and i love having him as a friend he knows me better than anybody and he is the one person i trully trust. Although our relathionship didnt work out (Long distance) and i dont get to see him very often we are still very close
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I am friends with ALL my ex's
    They are very supportive friends and we are able to hold a friendship like we was never in a relationship so its great.
    I wouldnt have it any other way.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I look the type....absolutely love that you punched him after breaking your friend's heart, but not your own. That is one heck of a friend!

I am fairly okay with my ex, as long as he doesn't piss me off.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am friends with ex's that were not very serious. But friends as in, we haven't deleted each other off of facebook =P I do not hang out or even really talk to any of my exes. I don't think it would be a good idea!