Replies

• xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    And I thought I was alone here...

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'd classify myself as a nerd. I go to GA tech (4th best engineering school in the country *fist pump*)

I <3 math, spreadsheets, graphs and all that fun stuff

I played WoW for 6 years, met the love of my life on there. We don't play anymore, school has become too time consuming.

In high school I was really into anime, but I don't have time to do anything anymore... its sad

Momocon for the win!!!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    There's an all about Anime group and also a gamer group. :D Feel free to join up.

But I wish they were a bit more active. I'm also finding ti a bit hard to find like minded people.

They're watching Anime/playing their games. Who has time to be active here, too? (I can say this because I am a geek/nerd and into gaming, bot MMORPG and old fashioned. So I'm not hating)
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I definitely classify myself as a nerd. I have a huge manga collection, I love older animes, though I haven't watched any newer stuff lately. I play WoW a LOT! Horde & Alliance, I go both ways. I love DDR. I love my Playstation! I'm a 4channer, though more of a lurker than anything. xD

It's fun being nerdy!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Why didn't one of us make this thread sooner...???
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a video games, computers, science fiction geek - I've seen my share of animes and been to a few cons but I'm not an otaku by any means. I do web design/development, have been to blizzcon 3 times, am a star trek lover, have never cosplayed but would love to (weight always held me back). If anyone wants to be friends, feel free to add me!

Word of warning, I'm currently waiting for my SWTOR early access sometime this week and may or may not be seen on MFP for a few days ;)
  • DanceWithAlice
    Options
    What do you do with a dead scientist?

Barium.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i'm a different kind of nerd; books and computer games. :P
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    What do you do with a dead scientist?

Barium.

LOLOLOLOLOL
  • ukkiosan
    ukkiosan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons i joined MFP is so i can go to comic con as a super sentai, tights and everything :glasses:

we have the same goals!! Except, I wanna wear slutty outfits and look good! :wink:

Yessssssss!!!! I thought I'd be the only one around here weird enough to have this goal! XDDDDDDD

Ahem. So I guess it goes without saying I fall into the otaku (anime/manga/J-music) category...might as well put me down for geek and nerd as well. I AM NOT ASHAMED. :bigsmile:
  • Demwitted
    Options
    Everybody in this thread should be on Fitocracy, too ;)

<---- WoW junkie, dice-chucker, Whedonite, and former FASA employee.

Fitocracy was referenced on xkcd.

Also, http://youtu.be/CKNqc3a9Xqs this makes me smile every time.
  • ukkiosan
    ukkiosan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was even listening to some VOCALOID and Nico Nico music while running yesterday XD

I officially love you. Platonically. How you doin'?
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A geek friend of mine gave me a pin with a picture of the TARDIS on it for an early Christmas gift. If you know what this is, then you might be a geek.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Sci-fi, fantasy, console/pc gaming nerd with a light dash of anime, manga, comics, and a good helping of tabletop RPG's! :D

MASS EFFECT TRUE BELIEVER. ಠ_ಠ
  • threeforagirl
    Options
    I'm all over the geek/nerd spectrum.

Nice to meet you!
  • Firebird_Rising
    Firebird_Rising Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, if a love of Star Trek, a steadfast belief that The Simpsons was near unwatchable starting after season 10, a passion for many things related to Whiskey Media and a fascination with certain robots in disguise doesn't make me some kind of geek, I don't know what would!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I have to admit, I read this, then looked at your profile pic and that made me laugh harder than the image you posted!!
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    Welllllllll, I am a GAMER as the name implies :) Feel free to add me!
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options

I have to admit, I read this, then looked at your profile pic and that made me laugh harder than the image you posted!!

My work here is done :3

*swaggers off into the sunset*
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Why didn't one of us make this thread sooner...???

I did. that's what started the All Things Anime group, actually. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Also, any nerds can feel free to add me. Just remember to send a message with your request, I wanna make sure you're not a creeper. And if you send a message and you're still a creeper, no-go on that, too.