DONT YOU HATE IT WHEN...

Options
Okay i know this is off topic but i didn't know what part of the topic to put it in so here it goes..

Don't you guys hate it when people look at your as if your a little child (okay teenager more like it) but in reality your 24 years old.

I get told i look about 19 or 20 around and even though i should be flattered i actually hate it because when i walk around the street or the mall, little Shiiits start giving me the evils like as if they wanna fight you or when you walk into the mall and talk to the retail assistants they reply back to you as if your a little kid when you can tell they younger then you.

I dont know it frustrates me! i just wished i looked my age. Not older not younger. and now that im trying to loose weight i think ill end up looking younger even more.. >;-/

and it makes it even worse that im only 5'2 so imagine that.

Replies

• tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it.. you'll look old one day. :noway:
  • allyjstone
    allyjstone Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I get the same, I always get that I look 16 & 17, and I hate when people treat me that way, I'm 23, and have been on my own forever..it annoys the crap out of me.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ^^What tapas said!!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" and 21 years old, but people often forget that I'm not older. The trick is acting, sounding, and writing like an adult.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I used to get that I'm too young to have kids.......now I have wrinkles : (
    Enjoy the compliment.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I get the same, I always get that I look 16 & 17, and I hate when people treat me that way, I'm 23, and have been on my own forever..it annoys the crap out of me.

I know how you feel. I dont know i hate it because it seems like i don't get the respect that they would give someone else my age that looks their age.
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    My situation is kinda cool. I'm 36 but look 25. People dont believe me when I tell them my real age!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" and 21 years old, but people often forget that I'm not older. The trick is acting, sounding, and writing like an adult.

Ditto, except that I'm 5'4" and 23.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Ha! Enjoy it while you can lady! :)
  • xginanax
    Options
    I used to get that I'm too young to have kids.......now I have wrinkles : (
    Enjoy the compliment.

hmm i dont think ill even get wrinkles.. coz both of my mum and grandma dont have lines of wrinkles on their faces .. well a bit but especially my grandma, no joke if you look at her she maybe got about 5 to 8 lines of wrinkles on her face and she has never used botox or anything.. i dont even think she knows what botox is and that goes same towards my mum.
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I got yelled at by the league coordinator for my soccer league for being too young to play. It's 21 and over, and I'm 23. He said he thought I was 16. LAMEEEE
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just don't like when employees in various stores choose to not take me seriously from how old(young? I am young, but not as young as they assume) I look.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I used to be a teacher and it annoyed the crap out of me when someone would come into the room, scan it (looking right at me), and ask where the teacher had gone. Also once a substitute yelled at me for being in the hallway during my prep period :P But you do grow out of it. I'm 27 now and people have stopped mistaking me for a younger person.
  • xginanax
    Options
    My situation is kinda cool. I'm 36 but look 25. People dont believe me when I tell them my real age!

I guess when im 40 ill be flattered but for now that im actually 24, it makes me feel like im not respected enough like how normal person my age will and what makes it even worse little boys start hitting on you.. omg! thats the worse part of it lol
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Enjoy that shiz. Before my daughter was born, I always got carded for liquor. Now my greys are showing and the checkers laugh when I try to hand them an ID
  • xginanax
    Options
    I got yelled at by the league coordinator for my soccer league for being too young to play. It's 21 and over, and I'm 23. He said he thought I was 16. LAMEEEE

omg that must of being embarrassing. you should of straight punched that person lol i know i would off.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

The trick works wonders. Embrace it; live it, love it! Then you can hope that when you're in your 30s, like me, people still think you're many years younger.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm 27. I rarely wear makeup. When I don't wear makeup, I get told I look 17.

17!!!!!!!!! That's not even near 27!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    My wife, brother, and sister in law went out to dinner one night and the hostess asked if we needed a kids menu, my sister in law is like 4'10" and had her back turned to the hostess at the time, we got a bunch of good laughs, she was probably around 32 at the time. She was pissed at the time though. She said to the hostess, see the rings honey.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I got that quite a bit until the last couple of years (when I gained weight). I was 20 years old and was asked if I needed a kids pass to the state fair. Unfortunately, kids passes were for 12 and under. Having children has given me extra curves. I haven't been carded in about 3 years, but I am not complaining because I am almost 37.