DONT YOU HATE IT WHEN...

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" and 21 years old, but people often forget that I'm not older. The trick is acting, sounding, and writing like an adult.

this.

oh, and not making duck face.
  • 4HealthyMe
    4HealthyMe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I think you look your age. But enjoy the compliments while you can. It's great if it lasts, but most likely it won't.
  • JJhoney
    Options
    Everyone always thinks I'm older. I remember when I was 16, there was a guy that thought I was 23!...I just turned 20...I hope the process reverses itself!lol
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    enjoy it while you can because before you know it you will be heading towards 50 (ugh). laugh it off and just think of all those people who look 39 and you will still look 25! i get told i look way younger than i am a lot! love it! but then i am a hell of a lot older than you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I think you look your age. But enjoy the compliments while you can. It's great if it lasts, but most likely it won't.

If you take care of yourself it can.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. Someday someone will call you ma'am and you will die a little inside...j/k kind of.

edited to add...I should say, someone you think is not that much younger than you will call you ma'am. :smile:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    People use to think I was older (when I was 16-18) now at 21 going on 22, some people say I look like my age (according to pictures) but in person, people say I look a little older. I rather look younger...If people think I look older, that means I am only aging fast!! NOT GOOD.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I hate that at 27 i'm still asked for id because I'm so small lol 5 foot nothing :)
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oppsite problem. I'm 21 and look 25, i have looked this age since i was 15. :(
  • earlinerowe
    Options
    I turned 58 on 12/13. I get it all the time that I look 35 or 40. I guees it's in the family Genes.:ohwell:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I work in a large high school. Went into a classroom in another wing of the school and the teacher screamed "HOW DARE YOU WALK INTO A CLASSROOM WHEN A TEACHER IS TEACHING!!!"

My response: (stick out my hand to shake hers) Hi, I'm Pepper. I work here, and I can see you're having a rough day so I'll come back another time.

Apparently I look like a high school kid. I'm almost 27.

Enjoy it :)
  • slingbladefan
    Options
    i know EXACTLY what u mean! i am 4'8 and people say i look 16. Heck i even had someone tell me i looked 8 one time and i am 21! It gets very frustrating and i get it every single day because i work with the public. No matter what people will judge u on looks instead of personality. I am scared when i lose weight i will look younger too. i guess only time will tell :/
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm 25 and get mistaken for every other age younger than 25. I'm 5'1 to top it off, so I feel your pain. I wonder if you get loud shock and awe's like I do.

The last time I shocked people with my age was when I had bronchitis last month and needed to go to a 24 hour clinic. As I signed in and told them my age, occupation, and they noticed my engagement ring... I got an extremely loud "Oh MY GOD, NO WAY" and the receptionist even called in other workers to gawk at me. I get a million you're gonna love it when you get older stuff too.

When I was a teenager I use to be infuriated by being thought of as younger. Now I don't care. It came in handy once when I was around 19, some weird guy tried to hit on me in a store. I said pretty loudly “Sir I’m only 14 that’s illegal!” I feel your pain though.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I get ID'd buying lotto tickets everytime. I'm 28. This also happens when I pick up smokes for my husband.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I get slightly annoyed, but it's happened so frequently that I'm at the point where all I do is laugh about it.
    Some chick in the grocery store mistook me for a 13 year old.. Really? In 2 days I'll be 25 and now I'm back at pre-puberty. XD
    Any other time, people just mistake me for 16-18.
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    Okay i know this is off topic but i didn't know what part of the topic to put it in so here it goes..

Don't you guys hate it when people look at your as if your a little child (okay teenager more like it) but in reality your 24 years old.

I get told i look about 19 or 20 around and even though i should be flattered i actually hate it because when i walk around the street or the mall, little Shiiits start giving me the evils like as if they wanna fight you or when you walk into the mall and talk to the retail assistants they reply back to you as if your a little kid when you can tell they younger then you.

I dont know it frustrates me! i just wished i looked my age. Not older not younger. and now that im trying to loose weight i think ill end up looking younger even more.. >;-/

and it makes it even worse that im only 5'2 so imagine that.

actually people mostly assume that chubby people look younger than skinny people. people think chubby people still have baby fat or isn't mature enough to take care of themselves.
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ha! Enjoy it while you can lady! :)

^^ what she said
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You could always start smoking and tanning... -Just a thought.
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    everyone tho=inks my mom is my sister lol im 18 she is 36 lol
  • PeterPan132
    Options
    I'm 28 and am still ID'd in shops. Am only 5' - but I keep telling myself that I will be pleased about it when i'm older!