favorite go-to fast food meals

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Lately, for me: McDonald's McDouble NO CHEESE w/side salad, Low Fat Dressing. Panera: Half Frontega/chicken soup combo (this half sandwich/half chicken soup also works at ATL Bread Co. and Corner Bakery).

These are good for lunch. Keeps the carbs in check and deliver protein. I don't care about sodium.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Wendy's is my usual haunt. But I'm finding the things I have been choosing lately for low cal - chili or the grilled chicken sandwich - are loaded with sodium. I'm always way too high on sodium. So yesterday after researching the menu, I decided to get baked potato with broccoli and low fat sour cream. Well, they put the cheese sauce on too. It was good, and still less sodium than those other choices, but it would have been healthier without the cheese.

Surprisingly, it filled me up too, and held me until dinner. Before I would have thought no way that would be enough food for me. I'm going to try again today and see if I can get them to do it without the cheese sauce.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    when I want fast food I don't think of 'healthy'. I just want my nuggets and fries !
  • mysti00
    Options
    I do eat out from time to time when running around, ect.. heres my general meals.

Sonic: jr burger no mayo or cheese & small tots: 325 cals

Wendys: 5pc spicy chicken nuggets and small chili 430 - if i dont have enough cals, skip the chili and go for side salad then use my own low-cal dressing at home. never use their dressing!:

BK: whopper jr no mayo or cheese and apple fries: 285

Subway: 6in turkey no cheese all the veggies i want and spicy mustard: 280
  • librush
    Options
    My favorite is Roly Poly Basil Cashew Chicken for right around 280 Cals! So fresh and yummy!
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Subway - Chicken Teriyaki
    Chicken Kebab

These are my go to meals :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    when I want fast food I don't think of 'healthy'. I just want my nuggets and fries !

Yeah, but I'm doing it every weekday, so I can't be doing that every day.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I like to get either the Quizno's chicken and bacon ranch sammie (about 380 calories with dressing, 290 without), the McDonald's grilled chicken salad with no dressing and I don't eat the croutons or cheese (200 calories), or the mango McMini if I need a snack (250 calories).
  • iamvillanueva
    Options
    I end up eating fast food for lunch about twice a week. Of course nothing fast food is healthy, but my go to options for low-cal drive thru is:
    Taco Bell - fresco cruchy taco & chicken gordita supreme. I know the taco is 150 cals. The two together are around 500 cals.
    Wendy's - side salad with fat free french dressing, jr cheeseburger deluxe and side of fresh fruit. This meal is also around 500 cals.
    Both meals are also under $5
  • tabarrett0261
    tabarrett0261 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like the grilled chicken options at the fast food places. they also have the apple slices for a side to replace french fries that are good. At Subway I skip the cheese and stay with mustard and stick to the low fat options.
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    A bacon cheese burger from Decarie Hot Dog in Montreal haha yum!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I personally love the McD's southwest salad with grilled chicken. 290 calories, an additional 100 if you use their dressing. It's spicy and really pretty good.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    Mcdonalds:
    Filet-o-fish -> 380 calories (15g protein, 2g fiber!)
    small fries -> 230 calories (it also has 3g fiber and protein!)

Total Calories -> 610

Chick-fil-A:
    Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich –> 300 Calories
    Side Salad –> 70 Calories
    Bottled Water –> 0 Calories

Total Calories -> 370
  • annimal74
    Options
    I keep protein bars in my purse and car for those oops moments when I'm out and cant get real food. I avoid fast food at all coat just such horrible fat calories in my opinion. I am ok with subway salads but thats about it these days. :)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a chargrilled chicken sandwich (290 calories) or chargrilled chicken club (410 calories) and a medium fruit cup (70 calories) with water or diet lemonade to drink.

Sundays are harder because Chick-fil-a is closed on Sunday, so I try to eat at home. I only do the Chick-fil-a thing once in a while because of the sodium content, but when I'm in a pinch, this is my "go-to" meal.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Fresco tacos from Taco Bell are pretty good. Steamed veggies from Chinese places, no sauce. I'll sometimes get Whoppers minus the bun and double the lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles for a low carb meal, grilled chicken salads, etc.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to eat fast food, I don't bother with fretting about getting something 'healthy'. I get what I want and log it and try to resist it next time. But my favorite go-to fast food item is the mexican pizza at taco bell. Sooooo good. I make a 'healthy' version at home when I get the craving, with amy's organic refried black beans, a tortilla, salsa, and some monterey jack, baked in the oven.

Another favorite is wendy's chicken nuggets.
  • rjensen0510
    rjensen0510 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I discovered Arby's Super Roast Beef Sandwich without the red ranch sauce is only 350 Calories, and their chopped sided salad with light italian dressing is only 90 calories. Both very tasty and filling!!!

Someone else also mentioned the McChicken from McD's, it's especially good with the new jalapeno slaw on it!!!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    wendy's grilled chicken sandwich plain...half a bun (if that), small chili. Brewed iced tea
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I discovered Arby's Super Roast Beef Sandwich without the red ranch sauce is only 350 Calories, and their chopped sided salad with light italian dressing is only 90 calories. Both very tasty and filling!!!

Someone else also mentioned the McChicken from McD's, it's especially good with the new jalapeno slaw on it!!!

I like the jr roast beef;) Also I really like the McChicken from McD's with the whole wheat bun:) I will have to try it with the slaw...