What unhealthy foods can't you resist on Christmas day?

Options
123457»

Replies

• julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Red Velvet Cake
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My homemade cheeseball and German Chocolate Cake!
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fruit cake!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Those candy cane Hershey kisses. YUMMY!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    FUNERAL POTATOES!!!!!

Basically it's shredded potatoes mixed with cheddar cheese, sour cream green onions and a can of condensed cream of chicken soup... topped with corn flakes that have been tossed in butter. and then you bake it in the oven.

Picked up this recipe in Utah.. Mormons may abstain from coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, tank tops and premarital sex but honestly funeral potatoes are more sinful than any of those things.

lol...sounds yum!!
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I make a candy that involves Oreo cookie crumbs, orange juice concentrate and lots of powdered sugar! It might not sound all that appealing with chocolate and orange, but OMG........................
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "Don't worry about what you eat between Christmas and New Years, worry about what you eat between New Years and Christmas."

My thoughts 'almost' exactly. I am not worrying about what I am eating on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Day and the work's christmas meals out. If we work hard enough in the run up and afterwards then there is nothing to worry about.

Merry Christmas :)
  • mfitzgerald20
    mfitzgerald20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    the peanut butter cookies with the kiss in the middle. TO DIE FOR.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My homemade cheeseball and German Chocolate Cake!

Love those too!
  • _Cass_
    _Cass_ Posts: 24
    Options
    Egg nog! Oh and gravy, a boat load, I put it on everything.
  • Silverhillbilly
    Options
    My mother's crumb cake....yummm
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Crab dip and deviled ham dip, and all the rest of the Christmas goodies!!!! ( I do eat the dips with veggies..does that make it semi-healthy??) Ha, Ha,. Ha...Ho, Ho, Ho!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Oh, and peanut butter fudge!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Oh, and peanut butter fudge!

Fudge is my downfall;) I love the cookies too. At least my mom makes cookies super small. Fudge-which is now in my fridge-I just cut a tiny piece to cut the craving.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Egg nog w/ lots of booze.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My problem isn't so much Christmas day, but the day or two leading up to it. I'm the baker of the family, so I get assigned to make the cookies, cakes, pies, and sometimes breads for our big family party. I don't know about anybody else, but I HAVE to sample a piece of each thing I make before it is served. Now that's fine for cookies, I just make sure to cut out or drop a tiny one for a sample. But cakes and pies...I sort of maybe make two of everything, just so I can cut out a piece to make sure it's good. If I had any self control, it'd be fine, but all of a sudden I have a whole cheesecake, a whole pecan pie, and a whole chocolate cake on my table. UGH! So my plan this year is to make everything in cupcake liners to take. Portion control, not only for me, but for my whole family!