How do you ensure that you always have clothes that fit?

Options
13»

Replies

• iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Really nice dress pants can be made smaller by a tailor or seamstress. I also use belts and just deal with the clothes that are too big. I don't see the point in buying a bunch of new clothes until I get closer to my goal. Skirts are great because you can safety pin them to a smaller size without looking too bad. I also had a friend give me some of her old clothes that she was going to donate. This was even better than goodwill because it was free!

When I do buy clothes, I buy a size that may be a little tight at purchase so that it will fit me in a couple of weeks. Good luck. Congrats on the loss.

The one new thing I buy is underwear. I can't handle feeling a breeze in my drawers.
  • crunchymommy
    crunchymommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have to put in another word for second hand clothes. Good Will and consignment shops are my friends. I am a WAHM and we also have a couple of religious meetings a week, so I need to dress up sometimes and look professional when meeting with clients.

The other day I got a pair of Gap 1969 jeans and a gorgeous J.Jill top - about $15 for the outfit, at a consigment shop. If I were at Goodwill I'd have probably done even better.

I wear mostly J.Jill, Ann Taylor, Talbots, L.L. Bean, and Lauren, and I get them all dirt cheap. The only thing I really spend money on is shoes. Thankfully my feet haven't shrunk so I can still wear those! :0)

Congrats to the people in this thread who have gone down countless sizes!!! I've gone from 12-16 depending on the brand to 4-8 depending on the brand.