How soon after waking do you eat?

2»

Replies

• mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    I wake up hungry. I usually eat within an hour of waking.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    6 hours or so
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    I wake up at 6:15, usually don't eat until 9 or after, just depends on when I'm hungry
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Timing doesn't matter. Eat when you are hungry or when it's convenient to your schedule (but not waiting til your stomach is growling, of course).
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    I wake up at 5:15 and eat at 5:17, right after peeing.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    As long as you aren't feeling sick when you work out, stick with what you're doing.

I get up at 4AM and on my harder (more cardio-intense) workout days, I usually make myself eat about 1/2 a protein bar on the way to the gym w/some coffee. On the lighter-burn days, I just have the coffee. After working out, showering and dressing, I have chocolate milk in the car on the way to work (for 'recovery').

As someone else said "everyone is different" and there's no set time that you MUST eat or else.... just find your own rythym!

That is another issue, I have started getting dizzy and nauseous. Its happened for the last couple of weeks during my more intense workouts. Seems strange that all the sudden, I've been feeling this way.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    I think what you are feeling is low blood sugar, that some times happens to me in the morning if I dont eat right away. I always try to eat within an hour of waking up. Could you do a smoothy or something else quick on your way out the door to the gym?
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    I get up at 6am and start working at 6:30am and i work from home so I usually begin eating between
    6:30am- 7am then every few hours after that.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Wake up at 6 and am putting down 1000 calories by 6:30..... There is no way I go workout and burn 1200 calories without fueling up first.....
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    I wake up really hungry everyday and eat pretty much as soon as I get up.

^
    This!!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Is this too long to wait for breakfast? Is there any importance to eating before a certain time? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nope
    Nope
    and you're welcome.

Edit: I get up around 9 and typically eat around 12 for my first meal.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    I eat a full breakfast within 30 minutes after waking. i'm insulin resistant, I'm hungry.

as for you: Do what works. Everyone is different. Clock time is not magical.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    I need to hijack this thread for Ed.... 289 pounds lost? Holy everlovin crap!!!! God bless you!
    Wake up at 6 and am putting down 1000 calories by 6:30..... There is no way I go workout and burn 1200 calories without fueling up first.....