Sore Muscles - Weight training Workout

Options
2»

Replies

• subeesh77
    subeesh77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the valuable inputs. Good to know that if you need to build muscle you have to live with the soreness throughout. Hope I will get used to it soon. I do take protein shakes after the workout and have a hot bath too. I will also try increasing cardio from 15 mins to 30 mins after the weight training session. The next day after the leg workouts are worse..as people start noticcing that I am walking like a duck :smile:
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Coconut water is my go to, and stretching, even a quick 15 minute yoga session will help. Zico brand coconut water has the best taste, I think. It is full of potassium and great for recovery.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the valuable inputs. Good to know that if you need to build muscle you have to live with the soreness throughout. Hope I will get used to it soon. I do take protein shakes after the workout and have a hot bath too. I will also try increasing cardio from 15 mins to 30 mins after the weight training session. The next day after the leg workouts are worse..as people start noticcing that I am walking like a duck :smile:

dont increase cardio just do very light cardio for about 10-15min... being extremely sore to the extent you cant move at the beginning is perfectly normal.. give it couple months n the soreness will be enjoable..

also as bees said light stretching helps too!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Problem is I don't always live to workout. I workout to help improve my other activities. So being sore on the day that I play b-ball or do a hard hike isn't helping me. I have to schedule my training accordingly.

do light cardio like i said instead of jump rope or sprinting... sorness has never stopped me from playing any sports? basketball, soccer or even boxing once in while? the best level of sorness goes like this - day 1 you train chest, day 2 your chest is tight a little sore, day 3 your chest is pretty sore, day 4 you feel better but little tight still, day 5 - u only feel it when u push on ur chest almost fully healed, day 6 ur fully healed, day 7 you hit your chest again...

After legs, I did some dribbling and shooting. I need to get my reps in anyway. Next day i did a light upper body and again went and just did some shooting. I ran after the ball everytime and ran to my shooting spot to keep my HR up. along with practicing jumpers to stimulate the legs. This might have worked out. My legs aren't as sore by this point.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Problem is I don't always live to workout. I workout to help improve my other activities. So being sore on the day that I play b-ball or do a hard hike isn't helping me. I have to schedule my training accordingly.

do light cardio like i said instead of jump rope or sprinting... sorness has never stopped me from playing any sports? basketball, soccer or even boxing once in while? the best level of sorness goes like this - day 1 you train chest, day 2 your chest is tight a little sore, day 3 your chest is pretty sore, day 4 you feel better but little tight still, day 5 - u only feel it when u push on ur chest almost fully healed, day 6 ur fully healed, day 7 you hit your chest again...

After legs, I did some dribbling and shooting. I need to get my reps in anyway. Next day i did a light upper body and again went and just did some shooting. I ran after the ball everytime and ran to my shooting spot to keep my HR up. along with practicing jumpers to stimulate the legs. This might have worked out. My legs aren't as sore by this point.

Thats good jeff!! Now its time to step up the workout... I cant stand or walk after my leg workout! I literally hold on to walls as im walking because my knees r bukling lol