Replies

• dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add lots of veggies and a tsp of evoo.
  • Kawaii618
    Kawaii618 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You should probably add some veggies or a slice of whole wheat toast to that. I also love drinking green tea (when its not after 3pm) and drink loads of water. Theres also fiber, add fiber to some meals and it will help you feel fuller longer and your body will benefit from it.
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Gonna chip in here on the breakfast thing. If I eat brekkie at 9, i'm hungry again by 12, then again at 4 then again at 7.

If i don't eat anything till 12, i'm hungry again at 3, then okay till dinner. I don't get hungry in the morning unless i've eaten breakfast. I'd rather save the cals for dinner so my normal day goes:

12.00 - porridge & Fruit
    3.00 - Soup and veg
    7.00 - A big dinner.

Maybe a snack thrown in here and there.

I'm not dead yet.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My 2:30 p.m. baked potatoe fills the hole nicely.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I will have a cup of green tea and wait a few minutes to see if the feeling passes. If it doesn't, I have an apple or a carrot.... or one piece of Dove chocolate.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    It's doesn't matter when you eat your calories it's all about the tally at the end of the day.

I personally eat something very small (50-100 calories) for breakfast (just so I can wash down the vitamins) I prefer to have my calories later in the day.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    My 2:30 p.m. baked potatoe fills the hole nicely.

....what hole are we talkin about
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    eat fruit.
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add a salad (and a good one!!!) Soup to me is never a meal!
  • Tammi6818
    Tammi6818 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most import meal of the day. Do not skip breakfast you wind up over eating later on...
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I make myself some sugar free gelatin because of how low in calories it is, with the amount that you get to eat. I eat 2 cups for 20 calories. I find that when I got the right amount of calories and still feel like I need something more, it's just anxiety. While the gelatin is settling, I drink plenty of water. If I get over my feelings, I save the snack for later.
  • Effief21
    Effief21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You should never skip breakfast, it really is the most important meal of the day.
    This myth needs to go away.

EDIT: Breakfast can actually be a big problem in many cases. Many folks find that it's first when they start to eat for the day, they start to get hungry. If one fast the hunger is usually much more managable when one have gotten settled to it.

Agreed. I actually never eat breakfast, I'm usually bad at waking up in the morning so I'm always in a rush and I ended up getting used to never eating breakfast. It also doesn't necessarily make you "snack more" during the day, I think it all depends on the individual. If I do have time for breakfast, I just have a cup of tea.

It's all about the individual.

However, when my lunch doesn't satisfy me, I'll have something else. Look at what you had for lunch... was the soup low in calories? How about the turkey slices and cheese? Soup is yummy but maybe you just need more solid food to make you feel full. If it all fails, just have something else, it doesn't matter if you go over your calories once in a while. :)
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I had to give up on the small meals idea.

If I don't have 400 calories or more in a meal, I am doomed to be unsatisfied.

Plan ahead.

The "six small meals" thing never worked for me. Tried it.

Same here. I don't bother with snacks, they just piss me off.

i rarely ever snack either. i usually have 3 big meals a day. as i am on 1550 calories + exercise calories, there is plenty to go round.