I swear it is sabotage!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    That is a really great point! It is MUCH easier to not have one at all than to resist a second (and possibly third) one!
    I eat higher-calorie foods that I enjoy in moderation, budget them into my goals, and then move on. Helps keep me from wanting to go overboard later.
  • Jaimepm
    Options
    Oh I agree with you!!! There is a big plate of the lofthouse cookies with red and green frosting in the back. Out of the 24 cookies, there is one left! I did not touch any of them. I find that it is so easy to pick up goodies at work and not even think about it! Good job on resisting. I am saving my calories for a small treat I bring in for a potluck.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I prefer to fit a cupcake (or perhaps 1/2 a cupcake) into my calorie goal for the day.

I think it was really very nice of her to think of you this time of year.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You are full of win for being able to resist! But try not to think that the co-worker has bad intentions with the cupcake.

And just for fun:
    Beastie_Boys___Sabotage_by_patolinus.png
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, in time, I will be able to indulge a bit and know how to moderate it. Right now, I have not gained that skill and would rather turn them down and get through the constant cravings for carbs that I seem to have. In time, I will be able to. Just not yet.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    No, I fully understand it was just kindness. I dont expect other people to think about my goals every time they want to share. I politely told him that I really appreciate it, but I couldnt indulge just yet. (dont have that kind of will power on day 3) and if he would like to give it to someone who COULD eat it, I wouldnt mind. I was not really angry, I was joking. I was mostly just proud I resisted. I am glad to see that some people take everything so seriously.......

I'm glad you have common sense. Some people really do believe others are sabotaging them by offering a nice treat, it's very common around here. :laugh:
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    Apparently it is rampant. I thought it was very nice of him. I know he had no evil intentions.

So glad I posted this..... *rolls eyes* = with that, I am indicating sarcasm for all who cannot discern it on their own. I actually regret posting something that I am proud of, and will be quite hesitant to do so in the future.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Hopefully, in time, I will be able to indulge a bit and know how to moderate it. Right now, I have not gained that skill and would rather turn them down and get through the constant cravings for carbs that I seem to have. In time, I will be able to. Just not yet.
    C'mon... I dare ya... Just once. All the cool kids are eating carbs. :wink:
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    Yeah, all the cool fat kids....... I eat carbs, just ones that are closest to their natural state...... cupcakes dont qualify.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Carbs are COOL
    C'mon... I dare ya... Just once. All the cool kids are eating carbs. :wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    12281691.jpg
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I'm glad you have common sense. Some people really do believe others are sabotaging them by offering a nice treat, it's very common around here. :laugh:
    Sadly, it is a common theme here.

race card : politics :: jealousy/sabotage : myfitnesspal

:laugh:

Forgive us if we assumed it was another "Everyone is out to get me!" thread.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Yeah, all the cool fat kids....... I eat carbs, just ones that are closest to their natural state...... cupcakes dont qualify.
    :huh:

Plenty of fit people (and those getting there) have figured out how to fit the occasional simple carb in their diet.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Forgive us if we assumed it was another "Everyone is out to get me!" thread.

Ditto. Your sarcasm would have been better appreciated and understood if others weren't so often serious about the same issue. Again, I am glad you have a rational head on your shoulders.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Apparently it is rampant. I thought it was very nice of him. I know he had no evil intentions.

So glad I posted this..... *rolls eyes* = with that, I am indicating sarcasm for all who cannot discern it on their own. I actually regret posting something that I am proud of, and will be quite hesitant to do so in the future.

You should be proud, and I'm glad you posted. As others have said, there are people on this site who actually think that people sharing treats with them ARE trying to derail their efforts. It's just a misunderstanding. Please don't feel hesitant to post in the future. You did well to resist. :smile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Plenty of fit people (and those getting there) have figured out how to fit the occasional simple carb in their diet.
    White bread :love:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

you sound grouchy. You should eat something
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

Um, I agree with EEG.
    No reason to get ugly about it.
    There is more than one way to get fit.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I give them to my son. His doctor says he needs to gain weight anyway. Great escape from a cupcake. Awesome job on your will power. The people at work don't want you to feel left out, just say thank you, and give it away.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My work is notorious for the baked goods. I work with three people that are going to school to be freakin' pastry chefs WTH??? Needless to say I blame that on part of my weight gain. That and my seriously bad self control when it comes to baked goods. So now I'm dumping all my holiday baked goods there so I don't eat them all. I'm finally to the point where I can mostly control myself at work because I eat a good meal before work now.