Need suggestions/help from experienced losers please

Options
2»

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If you have an office job, I would suggest that you use the "sedentary" setting. I do because, no matter how much I exercise, I'm still sitting on my butt 8 to 10 hours a day and sleeping 8 hours a day. You add in commuting, and a little time in front of the TV and that about 20 hours a day of essentially no real activity. If you use the sedentary setting than you can add in any exercise that you do and it's less confusing.

I agree with the others. Only weigh yourself about once a month. The scale can fluctuate so much that it can offer false hope and discouragement.

Next, you may already be doing this but these are the things I've found that can jump start weight loss:

1. eat breakfast every day
    2. eat 5 to 6 small meals a day.
    3. make sure each meal include a protien and either a veggie or a whole grain.
    4. get plenty of sleep
    5. take a multi-vitamen and calcium supplements
    6. incorporate low-fat dairy into your diet. There's enough documented evidence that it aids in weight loss to make it worth it, plus it's yummy.
    7. be careful with fruit. yes, it's good for you but it is high in sugar and can spike your blood sugar levels. I eat mine in combination with the low-fat dairy and that helps stabalize the sugar.
    8. Cycle your calories so that you have some high calorie days balance with some low calorie days.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Everthing in moderation. Don't deny yourself anything, don't restrict yourself, just use common sense and watch your portions. Don't stress on the days that you go over on calories, but try to balance it out the rest of the week. You're doing fine. 20 pounds since January is a great accomplishment. I understand that you want more but don't get discouraged.

And: ok pizza for a day won't destroy your goals, but don't let it get out of hand......

Good luck!