Who's using Diet Pills?

Options
Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone on here is using diet pills?

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    <
    Not this girl.
  • sweetsuzie84
    Options
    I have been using a particular diet pill for almost 45 days now..
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Which one are you using?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/50-supplement-reviews <---- supplement section :D
  • sweetsuzie84
    Options
    Duromine 30mg..
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I was trying Liqui Carn fat burner stuff. I believe I didn't drink enough water and that contributed to this wretched kidney infection I have now. Not using it now lol. I didn't see any weight loss with it.
    Options
    phentermine?
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Have it ever occurred to you why diet pills don't work? You will gain all that weight back as you have not learned the discipline to be more conscious about what you eat and how much of it, learn to count calories and leave the pills.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

So spend the time and learn nutrition...you won't regret it
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Have it ever occurred to you why diet pills don't work? You will gain all that weight back as you have not learned the discipline to be more conscious about what you eat and how much of it, learn to count calories and leave the pills.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

This, times a thousand. Taking a pill to solve your weight problems will only create a dependency. Then, you have side effects and the risk of putting on all you lost and more once you stop using them. Heed the words above. :smile:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I tried taking MFP once but I couldn't swallow my laptop.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I tried taking MFP once but I couldn't swallow my laptop.
    hahahaha
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    no way...in the past yes, but not this time. au natural for me :)
  • sweetsuzie84
    Options
    Your right, but im on this pill to teach me how to eat better.. example Duromine stops me from being hungry, so when i do eat i am most likey to choose a healthier meal. im training my body to stop craving bread and pasta and not to eat it as often as i use too. Its just so hard, when all your life you didnt care what went in to your body and now finally im caring..
    Options

This, times a thousand. Taking a pill to solve your weight problems will only create a dependency. Then, you have side effects and the risk of putting on all you lost and more once you stop using them. Heed the words above. :smile:

Was getting to this! If it is phentermine then it will make a good appetite suppressant. But do you plan on taking it forever? Once you stop taking it the hunger is going to comeback full force and can cause the weight to pack back on.
  • wendyrulz
    Options
    Hi Sweetsuzie, I know how you feel. I tried the same drug a few years ago and i felt like a drug addict in the mornings before i had my pill. i also couldn't sleep at all. We all know what we are supposed to eat and exercise, but sometimes life gets in the way. My point is , I HEAR YOU SISTER!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sweetsuzie84
    Options
    just planning to take it for 2months.. ive already lost 7.5kg in 40days... but this is just a kick start to help me eat better.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Your right, but im on this pill to teach me how to eat better.. example Duromine stops me from being hungry, so when i do eat i am most likey to choose a healthier meal. im training my body to stop craving bread and pasta and not to eat it as often as i use too. Its just so hard, when all your life you didnt care what went in to your body and now finally im caring..

Once you're off the pill you're going to get all the same cravings. There's no shortcut to weight loss and a majority of the people on this site learned/have accomplished it the hard way. If you want to 'train' your body to do anything you have to do so on your own will and not with the help of pills
    Options
    just planning to take it for 2months.. ive already lost 7.5kg in 40days... but this is just a kick start to help me eat better.

Rapid weight loss can cause more muscle loss, slowing metabolism and making regain easier.
    I would stop taking it soon, it is going to cause more harm than good in the future
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I dont think diet pills are good in the long term. I have taken them in the past: they work for a while. But the damage it does to your body isn't worth it.

You're gonna have to learn how to suck it up and eat healthy on your own eventually. Your long term health and weight loss depends on it.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    A better 'kick start' is to slowly start eating better choices in your diet, little by little. Also, you do not have to cut out certain foods, as long as they fit within your calorie goal. A good strategy to being nice and full is to eat 1g of protein per pound of body weight, plus this will help you retain muscle as you lose weight. Remember it's not an all or nothing type of thing, you can make a gradual change.
  • Htay88
    Htay88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm taking slim quick. Not because i have some sort of out of touch belief that these are going to make me lose weight but they are loaded with tons of vitamins and caffeen. They help me have the energy in the morning to get to the gym. I was losing weight before i started them and i'm sure i'll continue long after i run out.