How do you get up early to workout...

Options
124»

Replies

• Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I do cardio everyday. Strength training when I can fit it in. But if I start doing cardio Monday Wednesday and Friday. And strength training Tuesday and thrusday. Is that enough. I just think that when I do the training im not burning enough calories. . I don't know what I should be doing ...
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    If your alarm clock is loud enough, put it in another room. It makes it so that you have to get out of bed to turn it off. By then, you are up, and it's much easier to just stay up!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I do cardio everyday. Strength training when I can fit it in. But if I start doing cardio Monday Wednesday and Friday. And strength training Tuesday and thrusday. Is that enough. I just think that when I do the training im not burning enough calories. . I don't know what I should be doing ...

Strength training is just as important as cardio. It helps you build muscle, which in turn increases your metabolism and burns even more fat. There are lots of people that do strength training only and no cardio and still lose tons of weight.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i started going to the gym before work about 2 months ago and so far i have been finding it fairly easy. i use to go to the gym at night after work but as i have insomnia, my doctor suggested i don't work out after 6pm. as i work 8:30am - 6pm monday to friday and my gym is closer to home than work, working out during my lunch break was not an option. so i have been getting up at 5:45am (arriving at the gym for 6am when it opens) ever since. i only do this 2 or 3 weekday as i go to the gym saturday and sunday as well at a more sensible time.

i refuse to set my alarm for 5:45 am. i set it for 7am (the time i would get up for work). i would say 9 mornings out of 10 i am awake at 5:45 anyway. if for whatever reason i miss my 5:45 target, i will do a workout video at home instead.
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i train in the am, sometimes as early as 4, depending on my work schedule. Training while fasted with maybe just a cup of coffee in you has some great benefits on insulin and GH, i have been finding. You just have to go for it. If you have a day when you just arent feeling it here or there, skip it or fit it in later, as long as that is the rare exception. Its what you do 90% of the time that will affect your body.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    FIrst, you just have to make yourself do it. After awhile you will get used to it. I have my alarm clock set across the room, so I have to get out of bed to shut it off. Also as others have posted, I have my workout gear all set to go right next to my bed. I am dressed before I even turn the lights on....
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    my alarm goes off.. i open my eyes... i have coffe n breakfast.. shower... gym...

force urself to wake up early and you will be tired in the afternoon around 8-9.. just go to bed when ur tired and after about 3weeks ull be on a routine...
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    This sounds like me 3 months ago. I anted to do this for years and even tried and just never could get my butt up. When i sarted on www.toneitup.com and MFP I was motivated so much I started getting up at 5:00 am weekdays and before long it just became routine and I would wake up before the alarm.

OH and the other motivater? I get up drink coffee and read devotionals until 5:45, by that time the caffiene has kicked in and I'm ready to go and know its done for the rest of the day! DESTRESSOR.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It gets easier! I think of how amazing I feel once I start working out, and how great and more energetic I feel after. :)
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I started this last week! Usually wake up between 6:30-6:45. Now I'm waking up between 4:30-4:45. I'm still trying to get used to it! It's so hard! I'm so not a morning person! :yawn:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    1. Set an extra alarm across the room. Since you have to get out of bed to shut it off, you'll be up.

2. Do this everyday for a week at the same time each day. It will make it a habit, and going to bed early will be easier when it is a routine.

3. Make sure you still get 8 hrs a night. If you don't have time, cut some things out of your schedule and make time. If you don't take care of yourself, no one else will.