Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I love beer.
    And cookies.
    Sometimes, I eat them together!
    Get me a 12-step program.
    Dialing 9-1-1. Don't worry. Everything will be OK!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I've written entire poems about ice cream :(
  • debbiesue17
    debbiesue17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've written entire poems about ice cream :(

PLEASE SHARE!!!
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. McDonald's. Good stuff. <3 I indulge in Chipotle from time to time. (900ish calories a burrito.)

I also had pizza Sunday night and ended up losing a couple pounds this week. Go figure.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I also had pizza Sunday night and ended up losing a couple pounds this week. Go figure.
    (high five) Well done!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Food truly is addictive though. Once you start eating it, it's like you have to have it on a regular basis or you might die. Of starvation.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Food truly is addictive though. Once you start eating it, it's like you have to have it on a regular basis or you might die. Of starvation.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuJjOw6qcWhDE1wonbZXE7BOTCSyQD5ICHto0cJdb0LwKEDBY98Pg8ze3_3Q
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wendy's triple with cheese occasionally for me. 1030 calories. 44g or carbs. 71g of protein. 60g fat. :bigsmile:

I try to limit that to about once a month though.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuJjOw6qcWhDE1wonbZXE7BOTCSyQD5ICHto0cJdb0LwKEDBY98Pg8ze3_3Q

Glad I could put a smile on that cute baby's face. :-)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Being aware of one's caloric intake is essential for short term and long term weight loss and maintenance. If one exercises self-control, he can still eat fast food on occasion and keep the weight off. People do it all the time. I'm confident in my ability to do so. If you do not share that same confidence, well... meh.

Well I agree that you can have cheat meals if you exercise self control. I guess the main reason I am being such a buzz killington is because your original post set off some red flags:
    1. You ate a second whopper b/c it was "free." Free and cheap incredibly unhealthy food is everywhere. That's a bad excuse to start using for eating fast food.
    2. While occasional cheat meals are fine, I find it hard to believe that anyone who had learned much about nutrition would choose fast food for their cheat meal. It's unhealthy is so many ways besides just the calories.
    3. You see to be using the fact that you didn't gain weight right away as proof that whoppers are fine. Short term isn't what I'd be worried about.
    I'm certainly not addicted to fast food. I would much rather tuck into some good Mexican or Thai food. If it's a burger, I'd prefer Five Guys to BK. Even then, I know to eat it in moderation.

I created the threads to make a point, Champ. I tire of the fear mongers and Buzz Killingtons that poo poo on any fast food, and believe that nobody can practice moderation.

Well I wish you the best. Not many people who have lost weight continue to eat those types of foods and keep the weight off though. Just something to think about.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Not addicted really? Hmm, you loved the whoppers so much you posted about eating them online. If I were you I'd be very worried about how much pleasure you get out that type of food.

Do you have any idea what "addiction" means or is it just a word you like to throw around? Here's a tip. Posting online that you enjoyed something does not make you an addict.

One of you two is talking about moderation. Guess which one.

I actually do know exactly what addiction is, unlike people who base their opinon off of what they learned about drug addiction in school.

Here's an analogy for you. While I wouldn't accuse someone of being an alcoholic who posted about enjoying a beer online, what should I say to a former alcoholic who brags about drinking some vodka and not completely becoming an alcoholic right away again?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    1. You ate a second whopper b/c it was "free." Free and cheap incredibly unhealthy food is everywhere. That's a bad excuse to start using for eating fast food.
    That's an assumption. I did not say that. I ate it prove a point. It was an experiment.
    2. While occasional cheat meals are fine, I find it hard to believe that anyone who had learned much about nutrition would choose fast food for their cheat meal. It's unhealthy is so many ways besides just the calories.
    I have learned that the occasional dose of fast food will not kill me. The majority of my "cheat" meals are good homemade Mexican food, some other tasty ethnic dish or pizza. Are they the healthiest around? No, but I eat plenty of well-rounded dishes the rest of the week.
    3. You see to be using the fact that you didn't gain weight right away as proof that whoppers are fine. Short term isn't what I'd be worried about.
    I pointed out that one can eat a Whopper and still lose weight. I made no claims about the Whopper being "fine", well-rounded nutritionally or having anything to do with my weight loss.
    Well I wish you the best. Not many people who have lost weight continue to eat those types of foods and keep the weight off though. Just something to think about.
    Thanks. Plenty of folks still eat fast food on occasion and manage to keep the weight off. In fact, my friends list is full of them and I've seen many other folks comment around MFP that they manage to do it. I plan to be one of them. :drinker:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Not addicted really? Hmm, you loved the whoppers so much you posted about eating them online. If I were you I'd be very worried about how much pleasure you get out that type of food.
    Do you have any idea what "addiction" means or is it just a word you like to throw around? Here's a tip. Posting online that you enjoyed something does not make you an addict.

I actually do know exactly what addiction is, unlike people who base their opinon off of what they learned about drug addiction in school.

Here's an analogy for you. While I wouldn't accuse someone of being an alcoholic who posted about enjoying a beer online, what should I say to a former alcoholic who brags about drinking some vodka and not completely becoming an alcoholic right away again?
    Again...
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    DP
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    the DP posts always make me giggle >.> damn gutter mind...
    anyway. eating out is awesome. 2-4 times a month for my family.. and yes. sometimes its fast food. ive been losing weight just fine and have no health problems (other than the number on the scale). the only time i have issues with stalled weight loss (or gains) is when i stop counting calories and exercising
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Whopper is my fav. I'm glad they have whopper Jr now. When I want a burger I just get one. Yummy.. it's not bad for cheap quick lunch.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

F**************ck I'm getting ****faced right now!! :drinker: Red wine :wink:
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    the DP posts always make me giggle >.> damn gutter mind...

Hahahahaha, glad to hear I'm not the only one! My gutter mind was probably at its worst when I was planning my wedding - I was a member of a forum where the brides-to-be threw around acronyms like BM (for bridesmaid) and STD (for save-the-date) all the damn time.

/off-topic