Your most embarrassing moment at work.

Options

Replies

• dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I set off the fire alarm at school on accident. The entire school was evacuated. Fire trucks showed up and I had to explain what I did wrong.

I need some additional details here. How did you pull down a lever on accident?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I had a receptionist job - there was a little remote that looked like a garage door clicker in my desk. I didn't know what it was for, and I clicked on it about 25 times, going, "what is this thing for!?" Well in about 20 minutes I learned it was the silent alarm that summoned the police! I was mortified!!
  • mutt12345
    Options
    Science experiment that went arry
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had a receptionist job - there was a little remote that looked like a garage door clicker in my desk. I didn't know what it was for, and I clicked on it about 25 times, going, "what is this thing for!?" Well in about 20 minutes I learned it was the silent alarm that summoned the police! I was mortified!!

LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was dating a guy I worked with, and we often flirted at work. I worked at a bingo hall at the time. I was at the snack bar trying to find something to eat with one hand behind my back (why i stood that way, I don't know, but I did). Next thing I know, there's a body pressed up against my back. I felt the shirt, and it felt the same as our uniform shirts, so I was sure it was my guy. I decided to get frisky with him, so I slowly untucked the shirt from the front of his pants with the hand he was pressing against. I then put my thumb down his pants and was rubbing it back and forth... teasing him. I turned around to give him the sexy teasing look and, to my horror, it was a new customer who I had never seen before! He was just smiling ear to ear! I removed my hand from his pants (no private parts were touched, mind you!) and walked away, all the way back to the office mumbling, "OMG! I thought it was Justin! I thought it was Justin!" My co-workers, and Justin, got a good laugh out of it, and the new customer became a regular, always smiling big at me whenever he saw me (to the point that people would ask me who he was, and I'd be like, "I dunno... just some new guy!" lol
  • Snakey74
    Options
    I was dating a guy I worked with, and we often flirted at work. I worked at a bingo hall at the time. I was at the snack bar trying to find something to eat with one hand behind my back (why i stood that way, I don't know, but I did). Next thing I know, there's a body pressed up against my back. I felt the shirt, and it felt the same as our uniform shirts, so I was sure it was my guy. I decided to get frisky with him, so I slowly untucked the shirt from the front of his pants with the hand he was pressing against. I then put my thumb down his pants and was rubbing it back and forth... teasing him. I turned around to give him the sexy teasing look and, to my horror, it was a new customer who I had never seen before! He was just smiling ear to ear! I removed my hand from his pants (no private parts were touched, mind you!) and walked away, all the way back to the office mumbling, "OMG! I thought it was Justin! I thought it was Justin!" My co-workers, and Justin, got a good laugh out of it, and the new customer became a regular, always smiling big at me whenever he saw me (to the point that people would ask me who he was, and I'd be like, "I dunno... just some new guy!" lol

LMFAO you win!!! :laugh:
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    OMG! I feel so honored??? lol
  • Snakey74
    Options
    That is just WAY too funny! :laugh:
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    The one I never will forget is when I got my first office job at 18. We were having a conversation about my coworker's fake ID (she was 20 at the time) and I ended up telling them all (my supervisor included) that I didn't see the point in having a fake ID as my ID could get me into an adult shop. I'm not sure how in my head that sounded because I thought it would be funny or impress them somehow...but I definitely heard crickets for about 10 minutes after that! I think I ended up trying to laugh it off and walked away very quickly. Definitely the most embarrassing moment of my life at work!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    When I was in University I worked a reception job. A man came in and registered for his appointment. He was in a wheelchair. As I always did, I told him, afterthe registration was complete, to take a seat in the waiting room. He gave me a "look" and instead of just shutting up and letting it go I said "well I can see you've brought your own."

Wanted to die that day.

I read this one to my husband just now, and we both just about peed our pants. The dogs even looked concerned we were laughing so hard!

At least you didn't say "Computer says no," and cough at him.

I wonder how many people will actually get this. LMAO! That made my night :)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Well I have a few,

One of them I will never ever talk about!!! hahaha
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

LMFAO you win!!! :laugh:

So funny!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sue :smile: x
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I politely asked my then new boss, if he had ever analyzed his doodle. As soon as I said it I turned bright red and nervously explained what I meant; my boss doodles (draws) a certain pattern every time he talks on the phone, and I was curious to know what the symbol represented. I quickly went to the rest room and laughed and laughed with disbelief and humiliation about the other meaning of what I had said......the surprised look on his face was priceless!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I set off the fire alarm at school on accident. The entire school was evacuated. Fire trucks showed up and I had to explain what I did wrong.

lol i have set the alarm off on purpose to get out of an exam ;)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not my embarrassment, but it's still hilarious. One of my managers bent down to lift up a bundle of boxes and then promptly stood back up, looking all embarrassed. I said to him, "You just ripped your pants, didn't you?" He nodded. I could not stop laughing for the rest of the night.
  • EllisLouise
    EllisLouise Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    my most embarrassing moment?
    I work in an elderly home as a part time housekeeper. When I was there on work experience, I was taking somebody down the elevator. I pressed the button, only to find when the door opened, I was still on the top floor :L Someone was stood there watching me too :rolleyes: !!!!
  • Snakey74
    Options
    Well I have a few,

One of them I will never ever talk about!!! hahaha

No fair! LOL
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    When I was in University I worked a reception job. A man came in and registered for his appointment. He was in a wheelchair. As I always did, I told him, afterthe registration was complete, to take a seat in the waiting room. He gave me a "look" and instead of just shutting up and letting it go I said "well I can see you've brought your own."

Wanted to die that day.

I read this one to my husband just now, and we both just about peed our pants. The dogs even looked concerned we were laughing so hard!

At least you didn't say "Computer says no," and cough at him.

I wonder how many people will actually get this. LMAO! That made my night :)

You mean, you're not here for a hip replacement?
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This happened to my wife. A few years ago we were walking around at Epcot in Disneyworld. It had just rained, and the ground was wet. She was walking next to a guy, and his shoes were squeaking, so she said jokingly, "you're pretty noisy, aren't you?" He said, yes, it's my fake leg. She looked down and saw that he did, indeed, have a fake leg. She apologized, died of embarrassment, but the guy just laughed it off.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I've said so many stupid things that I block most, if not all, of them out of my memory.

The most embarrassing moment that I can recall offhand at work was when I noticed half way through my day that I was wearing two different black pumps (close, but no cigar). I figured that no one had noticed up to that point, I might as well finish the day in the two different shoes. I spent as much time behind my desk that day though.