How DOES normal dating work these days

Options
13»

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    honestly what 33 year old gets or gives hickeys anymore? Skeevy!
    I'm 41, and my (drunk at the time) husband gave me one a few weeks ago (he was goofing around being an idiot)...I was SO pissed about it. I made him give me money to go out and buy some turtleneck sweaters for work. That's seriously wrong!!

Re: the original post...dude is "just not that into" your friend at all! I have a single friend like this as well, (who comes on way too strong, then wonders why they run away) and I want to slap her upside the head half the time for her cluelessness!
  • sarskin
    Options
    When a guy says "we'll see" it's not really a good sign. I would move on....I mean guys say that when they have other options and they are just trying to figure things out, or they are a player. :)
    I would move on, but she should have let him call her. Smoothering is never a good thing to do to a guy. LOL
    Seems like your friend is trying way too hard, and it takes time to get to know someone. Heck I'm 23 weeks prego and I was with the guy for a while and he turned out to be a wack job. Tell her to take her time and not to rush.

Good luck!
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    In the past if the first date went well it usually ends with the guy saying something like "We really should do something like this again....How does next Friday work for you?" If that doesn't happen he isn't going to go home and text you to ask you out a week later. And it just looks sad when the girl does the chasing, the only guy that's going to go for that is one that's looking for a booty call.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am afraid she flubbed this one, if he was interested I really don't think he would have hesitated to make a second date. I think her eagerness is unattractive......................so's the hickey.

^^ This! I know if I was on a first date & the guy walked in with a hickey, I'd be wondering... And the "we'll see?" Red flag right there! That to me seems even worse then a half-azzed, "um, yeah, I'll call ya..."

My skin is REALLY sensitive & I bruise easy, so it doesn't take much! I have to be careful when he's "goofing around"! If that is the case, put them somewhere they can't be seen! :wink:
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well as a guy I can tell you if I went on a date with a woman and she showed up sporting a hickey I would not be very interested in a second date. First I am going to think that either she has another guy she is seeing or that she is just way too easy. Men want a little mystery in the women they are dating... and as much as men want to get into a womans pants even on the first date... they will respect her a lot more if they do not acheive this goal. Also men do not like to be smothered... it may not be nice but if he doesn't call then chances are he is not really interested and you need to evaluate what happened on the date to make sure you maintained the mystery and a bit of the good girl image.

Ok this is my two cents...
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    No idea. I don't do normal dating. I met my husband on WoW, that should say enough.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    dating f*ing sucks!

She needs to move on, as everyone else says. I just wanted to say it sucks.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    what's a date?

lol.
    :wink:

This!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Tell her to buy the book "The Rules" - she should be able to discern whether or not she wants to bother after reading it.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    dating f*ing sucks!

This - this - this!!! Could NOT agree more!!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    He might be interested, but if he's giving the "we'll see" he's not interested ENOUGH.

No one should ever have to convince someone to date them. Either the chemistry and attraction is there, or it's not. And it doesn't necessarily mean she did anything "wrong" on the date (although sporting a hickey is a red flag), but they're not "right" for each other.

I've come to realize that dating is like shoe shopping. You might see a pair that you really like, but if the fit isn't perfect, you're not going to want to wear them. No one should ever cram their toes into a pair that's too small, or have their feet flop around and get blisters in a pair that's too big. That's the real meaning behind Cinderella and the glass slipper. It wasn't that the prince saved the damsel in distress, it's that the shoe fit! :laugh:

And again... some people should really get their gait analyzed and be properly fitted by a professional. They can't be trusted to make decisions on their own. :tongue:
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    LOL...maybe he is just not that into her.... dating is pretty much the same as it was 10 years ago. If the guy is interested and thinks you are cute, he will treat you like a lady...or else he won't bother so much with the wining and dining.... just a thought.
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    Dont chase them...replace them...
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Dont chase them...replace them...
    agreed!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    men can sense crazy...maybe he could smell her a mile away and didn't think she was 'fixable'
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If he likes you, he'll call or text you the same night or the next day.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Did they go to Applebees?
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. It just naturally progresses when there is potential. No such thing as "normal" these days. It doesn't have to be a regular "date" but if there is no mention of getting together for coffee or for studying or for doing something together, this isn't going to happen. Just move on and don't look back.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Did they go to Applebees?

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    dating f*ing sucks!

This - this - this!!! Could NOT agree more!!!!!

I agree