Does what your SO think affect your goal?

Options

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Don't have one...

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

But I did when I started losing weight and it was a big problem for her. I'd do what makes me happy and they can be happy for me because I am happy. Ya dig?
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    So, I just asked my SO/DH if he wants to have an affect on my goals... and he said "I hope not"... because he thinks the Goddess of Wilendorf is ultimate beauty!

He wants me healthy. He says that all the time... healthy, and immortal. :happy:

He's losing weight like crazy, too... we'll both be slim and fit soon...
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My husband has never said anything to me about what he'd like me to look like. He's supportive of what I want... although honestly, if I was more muscular than he was, it would not only gross him out, but me as well! I'm SO not into muscles on women. I would love to have a flat(er) tummy and be able to wear his clothes though... never been able to wear his clothes like most women do. :frown:
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Nope, not at all. I figure that he's loved me fat, thin, and pretty much everything in between so he'll love me at whatever goal I choose. Also, I've devoted 12 years of my life so far to him...I've earned getting to do what I want to now. :tongue:
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    My goal is MY goal...its not really for him. He tells me all the time he loves me no matter what I look like. He is happy that I am in better shape and have lost 20 pounds but he would be fine if I stayed where I am now....but my goal is 10 more pounds and to firm up. I know he loves me as I love him the way he is but I am doing this strictly for myself, because I wanted to get in shape and be healthier...he just gets to enjoy all of the benefits that come along with it, more energy, I'm happier...and hopefully when summer rolls back around the weekends at the lake in a swimsuit will be an added bonus for him too! :smile:
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My wife thinks I'm obsessive, and she's right. Even at my lowest (where I'm heading back to now) I always felt I was too fat. It's my body though, so it's all about me. :)
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I know my husband would prefer that I stay "extra chunky" but I want to get healthy. He does not comment on anything I do to try & drop the weight, but chuckled a bit when I said I would no longer be smoking as of 1-1-12. So, I'm going to build my self esteem, prove him wrong & get healthy in 2012.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I think my bf would be happy with my body as long as I were as well. I told him I'm aiming for muscles and he asked why. My response was, "because they're sexy... and I want to feel healthy." He smiled and said something naughty. >:D
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I workout with my SO…, we have the same goals in life & health.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    My fiance knows that how I feel about myself directly impacts how I act and my mood. If I feel good, everyone else around me feels good.. and unfortunately the opposite is also true! He just says he wants me to be happy. When I met him I had gained some weight and then after we started dating I gained 20 more pounds.. so within 6 months of knowing him I was 30 pounds heavier. Craziness! I lost about 40 and he never treated me any different no matter what my size was. He has offered to make me dinner (chicken, steamed veggies, fish, salad) and always picks out healthy options at the grocery store for me, "hey baby, do you want to try this, it has only X calories" or he will just but me light OJ and himself the regular... He hasn't changed HIS lifestyle (yet) so there is always pizza and fast food in the house... He will ask me if I want some, sometimes I say yes and sometimes I decline. He would never be threatened of me "leaving him" because of how I look, that's just not something he's capable of. Bottom line is that he wants me happy and would do anything to help me along, and for that I am super grateful! Today, he even made me coffee because I swore I was going to wake up with him and run! He leaves for work at 5:30 and I don't have to until way later, but once I smelled that coffee I had to get up!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    SO is SO supportive with my goals... but they're my goals and he knows not to interfere unless it's a danger to my health or well being. Working for us and I appreciate his support :)
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Nope... my goals are only for ME.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    She thinks I look fine how I am, and that I'm being obsessive/weird...which is probably true.

It doesn't really affect me at all.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    My husband can clearly see that I'm not happy with my body and image. He knows my goal is to cut my weight in half and get a hard muscle look. He only is supportive of my goals as he says he's attracted to me no matter what my body shape is or turns into...He fully supports it as he knows the end product for him will be a happy and healthy wife... And a happy wife means a happy life!! =p
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My wife is one of those weird chicks who really doesn't care what a person looks like ( I know, what a waste on a hunk like me), she just wants me to be healthy and happy.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I currently not seeing another, but my ex (who I'm good friends with) is so supportive of my goal. He thinks I look awesome. haha
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is just happy that I'm taking care of myself and making myself happy. He doesn't care what my goals are as long as they're healthy and make me feel good. And, honestly, I have dated guys that had strong opinions about what I should be doing in the past, and let's just say there's a reason they're my exes.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I get this question a lot since I have lost 152 lbs..."What does your husband think about all your weight loss". Really??? My weight loss is about my well being and I don't care what he thinks about it. As a matter of fact he is pleased with my success and dosen't complain and is very supportaive. I even had a co worker say.."If I lost that much weight my husband would say Who's the man". My husband knows that I am only doing this for me, him and our children. Its about me being healthly enough to care for my children and be there for them and being able to do things and go places with them that before I could not do. So to everyone don't worry about what someone else thinks do this for yourself.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    He tries to be as supportive as he can. But I'm a little nutty and gung ho about it.
    I wear myself out/down. He doesn't approve of that of course.

He also thinks I'm perfect as is. So when I get these new ideas and goals, he's nervous.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm more extreme (need to run farther, faster, train more, etc) and will keep pushing myself past the point of reason whereas my husband keeps that in check to some degree. I still do what I want to do but I listen to his opinion/input... and sometimes that changes my perspective.