aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    8 oz of low fat chocolate milk

Angie
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Nothing for 1-2 hours.

This has nothing to do with broscience or glycogen storage or anything, just a preference as I tend to over eat if I eat right after a work out.
  • jmvane15
    Options
    I throw back a shake of chocolate protein and eggs.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry I'll have a fruit smoothie, otherwise nothing.
  • mhig011975
    Options
    P90X recovery drink
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Nothing for 1-2 hours.

This has nothing to do with broscience or glycogen storage or anything, just a preference as I tend to over eat if I eat right after a work out.

I have this same problem, which is why the Leangains model of Intermittent Fasting works so well for me. It literally RECOMMENDS that I eat fully half my calories for the day right after a workout. That works for me ;)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    For me it's lunch........usually around 800 calories or so with lots of protein and carbs
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If I exercise for an hour or more and don't eat soon after I feel SICK! I try to eat something higher in protein, sometimes it might be a protein bar, but usually bacon and eggs!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer told me that within ten minutes you should take in a protein shake or smoothie. I have the Lifetime Fitness Whey Protein in vanilla, skim milk and two fruits. Normally berries since they are the best for you. It is important to feed the muscles that you just burned...granted, if you only work out for 20-30 minutes I don't eat anything. I'm talking about 60 minutes or more. To people that don't eat anything after a work out, you are only making your body hold on to fat which is what we are all trying to avoid right? Hope this helps! It helped me, I dropped 35 pounds and dropped 8 points in my overall body fat.

I have been told this is wrong and that you don't have to take anything after by a bunch of people.
    I will keep taking mine within the hour cause it makes more sense to me!

If it makes more sense to you doing it that way, then that's great! All I am pointing out is that it has made a huge impact on me and my overall goals, and it may help this women achieve hers as well. Sometimes trying something new is a good thing:)

I was agreeing with you, sorry if it didn't sound that way. LOL
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    When I get done with my workout, I go home and have a whey protein shake or 1/2 an Apple, handful of peanuts, crackers. I just not sure what I should eat... what do you do?

You can give me the other half of your apple.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Breakfast! Lol!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So you dont eat back your exercise calories.

I do, but not the instant that I get done.
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake with soy milk, yogurt, and peanut butter in it. Main reason is because my blood sugar drops very low after a hard work out. Other reason is to put back the nutrients I burned in the work out. Then when I get home (usually 45 mins to an hour later), I eat salmon and some sort of carb.

I have made my after work out shake one of my many "small meals".
  • revjames
    revjames Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I usually have whatever comes into my mind while I am running. Its kind of a carrot that focusses me on the goal. (not an actual carrot you understand)..... Last night I ran 75 mins and did 8 miles so fancied a fruit scone and it was great!
  • ONMYWAYOPAL
    Options
    My trainer insists we eat immediately after a workout. She suggest something crunchy like apples or carrots etc to rev
    our metabolism. That's what I do.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I usually workout late so I have water but now that i'm unemployed I'm working out 2/3 times a day. I try to eat very light things like fruit, yogurt, a few veggies.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    i don't drink alot of milk. So I was thinking of doing a protein shake with skim milk and seeing if that would work.
    work? In what sense? As long as your getting enough DAILY protein, when you consume it really doesn't matter very much. A body builder trying to build muscle could be the exception where food partitioning can make a slight advantage.
  • FitnActiveMom
    Options
    Shakeology!