fast weight loss switching to juice & vegan lifestyle?

Options
13»

Replies

• lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    So you lost muscles, not fat...I see you look forward using your bike. Keep on maintaining proteins...any time you will get them back, your weight will come back anyway.

There are more healthy ways to obtain protein, most fruits and vegatables provide Healthy protein, Watch the movie Forks over Knives it explains about veggie proteins. And being on this sort of diet does not make you lose muscle!!

This!

I was vegan for 15 yrs and now eat some dairy so consider myself vegetarian.... I am almost all muscle!!!!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Daffodil.... I agree 100%!
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HOWEVER one is automatically rewarded with EXCELLENT health by being vegetarian.

There is real danger in making broad brush statements like that. I was vegetarian for 15 years, and vegan for 3 of those years. I was obese the whole time, and became vitamin B12 deficient as a vegan, and developed allergies to anything from pollen to bananas. I didn't even know how sick I was until I quit being vegetarian. What has improved my health, weight and sense of wellbeing is cutting out sugar and starches and including whole (unprocessed) meats. Like I said, I didn't know how much better I could feel until I did this. I do hate to say it, but vegetarianism didn't make me healthier. I wish it did. If it improves your health, great, but don't assume that's a blanket truth for all.
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hadn't logged on in a while.

Sorry if the title was misleading, vegan is much shorter to type than "a more vegetarianism lifestyle" for the title of the thread. I did put in my original post a "more vegan/vegetarian type lifestyle" :-)

I want to clear up that I am not switching to 100% vegan or 100% vegetarian. I am only adopting practices out of the lifestyles mentioned, and limiting what meat I eat (chicken vs red meats).

In regards to the one asking about thryoid - my doctor had said I had classic symptoms of being hypo, my TSH was high but after we started my first week of thyroid meds my body was not happy and i was freaking out. We stopped the meds because of that, and all my other bloodwork tests were perfect. We are rechecking in February so I'll post up if my TSH has improved with dietary and weightloss.

I will say with being consistent in drinking my naked green machine for breakfast and with lunch (I just got a juicer for christmas so going to try to make my own green juice!) that i have more energy, my hands and feet aren't always cold like they use to be and my skin isn't as dry. Obviously there has been some weight loss (the scale battery was apparently dying when it was telling me 198 so that was incorrect, but I am at 203! All the weight loss started with my dietary changes, now going into week 4 or 5 I think.).