Your age or older

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
My husband is my age, he’s actually only a 3 months older than me. When I was a younger woman (I’ve been with DH since I was 25) I would only date guys who were no less than 2 years younger and no more than 5 years older. Now at 34 I think if I found myself single (disclaimer: I’m in a very happy and committed relationship so I don’t really see this happening) I would probably find myself going for a man 10 or more years older than I am, maybe my own age, and definitely not younger. I don’t know what it is, but I think that in men of a certain age there is a maturity and easy self-confidence that only time and experience brings. I find this demeanor (as long as it’s not paired with excessive cockiness) very attractive.

What about you?

Replies

• CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am almost 21 right now and my DH will be 24 this coming year as well... I have always liked my guys older then me. Because I felt mentally if they are three years younger I would want someone on my same mentality level which for some guys is still never the case. But for me it has always been 2-3 years older... Always and if it wasn't they were complete failures anyways (I love my husband though) dearly
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My husband is 8 years older than me. Doesn't matter much since he has the maturity of a 12-year-old. :wink:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why is younger not an option?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    My husband is 8 years older than me. Doesn't matter much since he has the maturity of a 12-year-old. :wink:

My husband is 5 years older - but acts younger than my 12 year old.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I'm gonna have to agree with this statement.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Why is younger not an option?
    Yeah? I almost exclusively dated older men in my 20's and 30's, but when I met my now-husband, I was 36 and he was just turning 30. Considering we generally outlive them, younger is a great way to go (as long as they don't look a whole lot younger...and make you look older in comparison).
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    im 36 and he is 42
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 yrs older than my husband. My first husband was 3 yrs older than me. They both act like petulant 4 yr olds.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    my husband is 20 yrs older than me and we've been together for almost 14 yrs.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and my husband is 65, been married 17 years...
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    My husband is 9 months younger than I am. He calls me his "cougar". hahaha

I was also married to a man who was 12 years older than I was (I was 45 at the time). He couldn't keep up with me and it would have only gotten worse.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Love It LOL
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    I am 26 and my DH is 22 and he is more mature than any older man that I have ever dated. I think that it all depends on the guy! :smile:
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I am 39 and he turns 33 on the 22nd. Been together for 13 years.
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My husband is 11 years older than me and we have been together for almost 10 years. And I have loved every good and bad moment.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, and my fiance is 24. I was never able to date men my age in high school, because of their maturity level. My fiance is the most chill, respectful, and adoring man that I could have ever asked for :)
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options

LOL... I really don't think age matters......lol
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    My husband is 8 years older, but in the past I dated men 10 - 20years older than myself.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Wife 32 and Old me 55 been married almost 9 years..We did make a pretty baby girl seeeee..
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and my partner's 25. Been together 6 years :)