Running vs. Treadmill: My Observation

Options
2»

Replies

• kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    all you people complaining about sweating on the treadmill, try running in Arizona in the summer.

I would choose my treadmill right under the AC vent with a fan pointed at me any day :)
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Weird. I run faster in the treadmill but shorter because its so boring! Outdoors I can run continuous but depending on the terrain

I run faster on the treadmill too. I think its becuase I set the speed.

I have a TV in front of my treadmill which keeps me on it longer.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I find it harder to run outside but I have given up trying to determine my pace because the apps suck *kitten*, they're more trouble than they're worth. I do speed drills on the treadmill with the built in programs and that keeps me occupied so it's a bit less boring. Outside, I just run, sometimes I try to run faster, sometimes I just watch my hr, sometimes I just let my dog determine the pace (to a point, she always wants to run faster than I can) :bigsmile: . I run outside for pleasure and use the treadmill for working on pace and speed.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    all you people complaining about sweating on the treadmill, try running in Arizona in the summer.

I would choose my treadmill right under the AC vent with a fan pointed at me any day :)

Yeah, no thank you, Cleveland in the summer is hot enough for me, I can't imagine AZ.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I totally agree I run so much more quickly outside, but I over pronate and the smooth surface of the treadmill encourage my feet to roll so I am steadier!
  • Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use Treadmills for Interval training due to be able to program different speeds and inclines to provide HIIT and leave the much loved consistent pace running for the beautiful outdoors. I have an 8.5 Km track (approx 5.3 miles ) which I can get around on a good day in about 50 minutes. I don`t overly push myself as I enjoy the relaxing rythmic pace this provides and this also gives my mind such a break from the stresses of this crazy world.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Interesting feedback, all. thanks. Maybe I'll dial the incline back to 2% the next time I run at the gym and see if I can maintain a 10 minute pace. Today, however, was glorious. Around 40F, so I was a bit chilly warming up in compression shorts, tights, a tech teet, and a fleece pullover. However, once I got going, it was perfect, and I came back feeling refreshed and happy, instead of wanting to dive straight into a shower.

I love our dry winters in CO. The sweat just disappears.