underwear, sorry for the topic

Options
What do you ladies use for workout underwear? I just wear my regular cotton panties and they get really wet and would love something to stay in place.

Replies

• KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I wear a thong... like g-string. that way it doesn't show through my yoga pants and it isn't uncomfortable
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!! Heard of a thing called "panty-liners"????
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Regular undies. They usually do get sweaty, like the rest of my clothes. It doesn't bother me too much when I'm exercising, 'cause I'm sweaty everywhere but I shower and change right away.
  • merrick7871
    Options
    I have had this same question for a long time. Mine get so wet from sweating, its really not comfortable.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I wear regular cotton panties. I sweat, but not so much that I need a panty liner. Besides, they hold in the moisture against the body and can create some issues with smell and irritation. Just be sure to shower after your workout and you should be fine.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I just change clothes afterwards.

Sometimes I go commando in my yoga pants.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i go commando a lot of the time ahah i cant lie. if i do wear underwear, i wear a thong cause i cant even feel it, nothings riding anywhere if you can believe it. mostly commando though lol
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Commando... for sure
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    under armour boyshorts. They're fabulous. I run in them,pole dance in them, etc they stay in place and wick moisture away. If I could get away with wearing them every day to work, I would! But panty lines are a no no there.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i find it strange that they have every workout piece of clothing except underwear. I don't want to wear thongs while working out and i'm home anyway so i'm not trying to hide anything from people at a gym. I guess i will just deal with it not staying in place or try commando. I just want something like sports bra material in underwear form, something that wicks away moisture like the other workout clothes so i don't feel it while working out. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.
  • ummommyme
    Options
    under armour boyshorts. They're fabulous. I run in them,pole dance in them, etc they stay in place and wick moisture away. If I could get away with wearing them every day to work, I would! But panty lines are a no no there.
    Thanx! I'll bet pole dancing is a great workout.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Don't wear any!
    I usually workout in Nike Tempo shorts (they have built in undies) or some kind of compression shorts/tights.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I tend to get annoyed at the numerous female specific threads (omgsh! I weigh 2lbs more at TOM!?) but this is a seriously legit thread in my opinion haha

A liner? Umm - I'm DRENCHED when I leave the gym. Totally not the solution.

I usually wear a thong, but sometimes they bother me. I'm too nervous to go commando though! I've definitely considered it, but the thought terrifies me. Especially since I like to wear the shorter shorts (like the nike pro combat), and no underwear could get mighty dangerous with that; but even in my black running tights I'm just nervous about showing off too much. I even once bought the thongs that don't have sides on them if you've ever seen those (they're called a c-string haha) - but they show a lot in the front (because it's a stiff material so it can stay up) if you wear compression shorts. Without compressions shorts I'd also be mildly concerned it would just... fall off.. haha. I've also considered wearing ONLY a panty liner but that also seems to have some potential for disaster as well.

I've seen that under armor makes underwear - I think maybe I'll check those out. They make regular cut, thongs, and then the shorts kind. I'm tempted by the shorts kind, but I'm afraid they would just ride up.

Ugh. Serious conundrum haha.
  • LexxyV
    LexxyV Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wish I had good advice! lol! I wear the 'cheeky' underwear I like the breathe factor- but then again I have a problem sweating like a normal person so I am never too sweaty after physical activity..
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thong!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    No need to apologize.

You may have potentially started thread of the year.

And I wait..
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    running shorts with built in undies! Loose and a good fabric that wicks moisture. Nike and underamour are my favorite
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always go without but I wear a cotton knit yoga type pant that absorbs moisture. I can see where that could get a little awkward with running shorts on.
  • ummommyme
    Options
    I'm looking at the UA ones now on Amazon. So glad it was mentioned. UA mesh boy shorts are looking good. I don't know if i could do the commando or not. And a panty liner is not fixing the problem, mine are soaked all over when i'm done working out. I'm about 60 lbs overweight and not sure how well these types will fit me but i'm thinking about trying to see.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Commando. I wear compression capris or pants.