underwear, sorry for the topic

Options
2»

Replies

• ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The shorts with underwear attached sounds good too. I will look at those too. I'm glad i'm not the only one who deals with this.
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Thong.. that way if I move a certain I won't have something riding up my butt because its already there!
  • ummommyme
    Options
    I'm pretty shocked at all the commando ladies. It never even occured to me.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Don't be sorry for the topic. Everyone sweats between their legs, man. It's not our fault our underwear isn't double ultra-thick in the crotch like some men's underwear.
  • insyweensy
    insyweensy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try the brand Ex-Officio. They make quick-dry underwear for traveling. It's synthetic and dries fast, so while you'll still get sweaty, they probably won't be as uncomfortable. Good Luck!
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get kicked out of my gym thanks to this thread. It's like I just found out santa Claus is real and lives in the attic.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Don't be sorry for the topic. Everyone sweats between their legs, man. It's not our fault our underwear isn't double ultra-thick in the crotch like some men's underwear.

this! i have always been shy of the deadly "sweaty crotch" i call it...
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    i find it strange that they have every workout piece of clothing except underwear. I don't want to wear thongs while working out and i'm home anyway so i'm not trying to hide anything from people at a gym. I guess i will just deal with it not staying in place or try commando. I just want something like sports bra material in underwear form, something that wicks away moisture like the other workout clothes so i don't feel it while working out. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.

BUT THEY DO!!!

Someone actually posted about this a few weeks ago, and I replied and listed these:
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/undies-base-layers.do?nType=1

But no one pays me much attention.

I either wear these or go commando.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get kicked out of my gym thanks to this thread. It's like I just found out santa Claus is real and lives in the attic.
    AND it's totally moist between his legs.
  • ummommyme
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding the shorts to look at.
    And Santa is real, he sleeps in my bedroom!
  • ummommyme
    Options
    [
    BUT THEY DO!!!

Someone actually posted about this a few weeks ago, and I replied and listed these:
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/undies-base-layers.do?nType=1

[/quote]
    I'm paying attention. Thanx for the link.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Thongs are a terrible idea when you're doing mountain-climbers. They ride up so much, I can feel them in my throat.

by "mountain-climbers" I mean the exercise, and by "they ride up", I mean the thong. Just wanted to clear that up.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i find it strange that they have every workout piece of clothing except underwear. I don't want to wear thongs while working out and i'm home anyway so i'm not trying to hide anything from people at a gym. I guess i will just deal with it not staying in place or try commando. I just want something like sports bra material in underwear form, something that wicks away moisture like the other workout clothes so i don't feel it while working out. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.

BUT THEY DO!!!

I pay attention!!!!

I normally wear a thong...not cause of panty lines, it's just my normal everyday underwear of choice and they are super comfy to me.
  • ummommyme
    Options
    Thongs are a terrible idea when you're doing mountain-climbers. They ride up so much, I can feel them in my throat.

by "mountain-climbers" I mean the exercise, and by "they ride up", I mean the thong. Just wanted to clear that up.
    LOL
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Best...Postings...Ever...
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort makes some highly regarded workout undies in various styles. You can find em on amazon, athleta and a few other sites.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Patagonia also makes undies that a lot of people love...as well as Champion/C9. Stay away from cotton.

I long ago gave up on wearing undies for working out. I bike, so no undies needed with a proper pair of cycling shorts. In fact, undies in cycling shorts is generally a recipe for bloody welts from seams. I also run. I found that undies and running will also tend to cause butt cheek welts wherever seams touch skin. Ditched the underwear and never had problems again. I either run in tights, compression shorts, or running skirts with built-in briefs.
  • coppercurlz
    Options

AH!!! I got the giggles at this one. It's late and I should be in bed but I'm giggling about "doing mountain climbers" and...well, I won't quote the rest, lol!

But seriously, a friend and I had this same conversation almost a year ago when we were figuring this out. UNDER ARMOUR compression shorts are awesome for when you are wearing loose clothing. And if you look at good quality running tights and capris, they have the gussets built into them - meant to "go commando" to help with the sweating problem. A lot of runners will confess to it.

I confess to nothing except that I like UA compression shorts :)
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I either go commando or wear the under armour boyshorts. They don't ride up and are very comfortable, also don't leave much of a line. :D