Is 100 pounds to skinny for 5'2? 45kgs & 159 cm!

Options
Hi Guys i dont know if i asked this question before but i was wondering do you think for someone who's at the moment 158 pounds and 5'2 okay to go down to 100 pounds ??

Currently 71.1kg but my goal weight is 45 kg! and im only 159 cm tall.

My friends were saying thats too skinny but i dont think it is. What do you think?

btw the picture on my display is of Hilary Duff who happens to be same height as me and at that time she was about 45kg. So thats where i want to get too.

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    100 pounds is slightly below a healthy BMI for a 5'2 female. So you would be underweight.... Do you consider someone who is underweight "healthy"?
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think it would really depend on your BMI and body fat%.
  • funghoney
    Options
    I completely agree
    I'm also precisely 159cm and weigh less than 45kg
    it depends on your body frame
    I don't look skinny, I look healthy :P
    But then I was always of a small build to start with
    And I'm an Asian and Asian people tend to be lighter if u you know what I mean
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I completely agree
    I'm also precisely 159cm and weigh less than 45kg
    it depends on your body frame
    I don't look skinny, I look healthy :P
    But then I was always of a small build to start with
    And I'm an Asian and Asian people tend to be lighter if u you know what I mean

My body frame is exactly like Hilary Duff, I'm bigger from the top while my thighs and down are thin or smaller.. I have wide showers like hers. That's why i picked her for a better example of what i want to look like which i don't think she looks too big or small, just write.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I think it's too skinny. I looked it up and even for a small frame 108 is the lowest before you go underweight.

I'm 5 feet and have a large frame and 100 pounds is way too small for me. I'm aiming for 120 ideally.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am 104 and 5'4 i you want to look at my pics. I don't think I am too skinny :)
  • funghoney
    Options
    BMI isn't a hard and fast rule applicable to all ethnicities. Different people have slightly different skeletal composition that contributes to some difference in weight.
    Hilary Duff will definitely be considered fat in my culture, Avril Lavigne would be much better in my humble opinion.
    But then if you are overweight to start with, I think you should aim for a high normal BMI weight first. You could always readjust your goal when you get to the healthy range, right?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Have you seen this?
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/
    if you enter 5'2" and under 100 (if you pick 100 you get everything up to 110) and all the women with those measurements are pictured. ANYWAY, I think some of these women at that height and weight look too skinny, others look great, so I think it really depends on you.
  • funghoney
    Options
    and by the way it depends on whether you are muscular too, as muscles will cost you some weight
    personally I'm not muscular :P
    but I definitely don't look unhealthy
  • xginanax
    Options
    Have you seen this?
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/
    if you enter 5'2" and under 100 (if you pick 100 you get everything up to 110) and all the women with those measurements are pictured. ANYWAY, I think some of these women at that height and weight look too skinny, others look great, so I think it really depends on you.

oh i love this! :) Thank you!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Look at my pics and judge for yourself. There are many things at play here. I maintain easily at (less than) 100lbs, but if you have to cut calories too low or exercise yourself obsessively then perhaps a slightly higher weight would be better for your body.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,839 Member
    Options
    that's my GOAL!!! LOL. It may be a little light but my maintenance goal for life is going to be between 100 and 105. I've been around 102 before a few times in my roller coaster life and it feels wonderful. I agree with the other posters that everyone is different. I know I am small boned and until I get down to 102 or less, my "problem" areas don't lose.
  • xginanax
    Options
    that's my GOAL!!! LOL. It may be a little light but my maintenance goal for life is going to be between 100 and 105. I've been around 102 before a few times in my roller coaster life and it feels wonderful. I agree with the other posters that everyone is different. I know I am small boned and until I get down to 102 or less, my "problem" areas don't lose.

yes i have the same problem that's why i think its good to be around 100. for me its my upper body usually the arms stomach and love handles that never seems to go away!!
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    It's underweight in terms of BMI but I personally consider 100 pounds for a 5'2'' frame to be healthy.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am the same height, and it may be too skinny for you but it's hard to say. Why don't you start out with a more attainable goal? And when you reach it, take it from there.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Why 100 pounds? Is there a specific reason?
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Definitely depends on the person. Likely to be underweight, but if you can set the goal but not be attached to the specific number, and then pay attention to how fit you are, you should be fine. I am gaining about a pound of muscle for every five pounds of fat I'm losing, and so my current goal at 5' 8", 38 yrs old, always been chesty (even as a teen) and very wide hipped, medium/large frame, is 160, with the notion that I'm aiming to drop a good 25 pounds of fat more, and expect (and be happy) to gain 5 pounds of muscle. At that stat, I'll be about 25% body fat, which is way safe and I'd still have room to lose, just not interested in killing myself or anything. Please just don't wind up being one of the anorexic kids who seem to get on here and strive to eat as little as possible... I'm sure you're not. Rest assured that if you stay dedicated to working out tough, feed yourself 90% very wholesome foods and eat within a sane calorie restriction, you'll eventually get to something like your visual goal, whatever the scale says. Won't be overnight, but you'll feel great all the time and be proud, and it will last when you get there. Finally, if your weight loss is set to 2 pounds a week, please NEVER eat less than your goal intake and DO eat back any exercise cals. Better to set it to 1 pound, where you could safely be a couple hundred cals under and/or let your workouts (not "eating them back") create that bit of extra deficit, then find you're exceeding that goal most weeks.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is a great site - bodygallery.com
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends! I have a friend who is slightly taller and she has hit 45kgs, however now she is having all soughts of other health issues and this includes her heart which is in a bad way! She is 21 and they are about to hospitalise her. she is 5"5

so your 3inche shorter, so maybe 45kgs will be fine for you, but I would say listen to your body.

Thats my 2 cents worth
  • rachellynn08
    Options
    Im a small frame I currently weigh 108 and fit a size 1 or 2. Im trying to get down to 100lbs I dont think it will be to much at 108 I fit small but I can not fit an xs on my lower half its to tight.