What are you reading?

doodlebug
doodlebug Posts: 44 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I read quite a bit and need some new ideas?!? Maybe something motivational/supportive or just a good read?

Replies

• doodlebug
    doodlebug Posts: 44 Member
    I read quite a bit and need some new ideas?!? Maybe something motivational/supportive or just a good read?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    I read a lot of fitness mags-M+F hers, oxygen, shape, women's world. They're greeeat!:wink:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    I read the bible and mystery books - totally unrelated subjects. One for inspiration, one for relaxation.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    If you like humour. Read anything by Janet Evanovitch. I laugh outloud when I read those
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    I read the Bible, and also am reading "Single parenting that works" and "have a new kid by Friday" both by Kevin Leman....all 3 are excellent :smile:
  • I have 3x5 cards with verses on them to meditate on and I'm reading textbooks for online college classes. I haven't read a good book since Harry Potter.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    I've been reading One Small Step Can Change Your Life, the Kaizen Way by Robert Maurer.

Interesting, illuminating read.

I actually changed my ticker because of it.

It used to be set on my long term goal of 134.

Then, reading the book, I reset my ticker to my short term goal of 165. And will reset it to the next small goal after that I get closer to 165.

I love the book. :heart:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    I love Memoirs. Anything by Augusten Burroughs is amazing. :heart:
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    ive been reading
    poetry i love poetry.
    fitness magz.
    manga and twilight saga books
  • I read a lot as well...I tend to gravitate towards book series because I like to follow a long storyline. The books mentioned below are my favorite. Since I go through books so quickly I will go to my local library and check out about 7 - 10 books every few weeks. I will grab the ones recommended by staff or just take a few off shelves in different areas. I will read them all, putting aside early the ones I don't really like. Once I have finished them I will return and get a few more. I'm also a kid at heart and can never read Harry Potter enough (or similar books) so I've included them below as well.

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
    World without End by Ken Follett

Cathedral of the Sea by Ildefonso Falcones

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King includes:
    - The Gunslinger
    - The Drawing of the Three
    - The Waste Lands
    - The Wizard and Glass
    - Wolves of Calla
    - Song of Susannah
    - The Dark Tower

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
    Eragon series by Christopher Paolini
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    I just finished "The Jane Austen Book Club" and enjoyed it very much!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    I'm reading a book called The House of Mondavi, it's GREAT!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    :happy: I just finished Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl and Twilight (this one on audio book) of which were both done during cardio only sessions.

I just started Cross Country by James Patterson and at home I'm browsing the Hungry Girl book I got w/recipes and tips:happy:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    I am reading "A Nation of Wimps" The high cost of invasive parenting. An eye opener if you have children. :smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    i think wicked is a really great book. it is a completely different perspective of the life of the wicked witch. i have read it once and i am reading it again because i discovered 2 additional books in the series!

i also read another book by gregory maguire called confessions of an ugly stepsister - which of course is relative to the cinderella story. completely different perspective there too. different than wicked in that wicked goes from the witch's birth to her death and stepsister is just pre-teen to teen years. less detail but just as addicting.
  • i think wicked is a really great book. it is a completely different perspective of the life of the wicked witch. i have read it once and i am reading it again because i discovered 2 additional books in the series!

i also read another book by gregory maguire called confessions of an ugly stepsister - which of course is relative to the cinderella story. completely different perspective there too. different than wicked in that wicked goes from the witch's birth to her death and stepsister is just pre-teen to teen years. less detail but just as addicting.

Oh Oh...I want to add those to my favorite list too. If anyone gets a chance they should read these books. They are riviting!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    I am reading..
    The Bible Exodus
    A Mary Heart In A Martha World- Joanna Weaver
    Extreme Measures- Vince Flynn- espionage type. Usually his books are good but this one is kinda slow.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Cerabell and I have very similar taste! I was reading the thread and about to recommend the Ken Follett books, and there they were! And I LOVE Stephen King!!!

I very much recommend the Pillars of the Earth.
    I'm reading World Without End right now- and Loving it!

I also recommend East of Eden by John Steinbeck. (#1 fav)

also- Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley is great!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    the last 5 books i read

1. Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark
    2. Fade Away by Harlan Coben
    3. The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway
    4. Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek
    5. The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver

i use www.bookmooch.com to swap books :flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Oh, I gorgot the books I haven't started yet and won't until vacation in Curacao mid-June, Red Carpet Suicide by Perez Hilton and The Girls Next Door (playboy chicks). Usually my beach reads are entertainment driven so I don't enter any surreal depression while vacationing:laugh: but last year was Losing it by Valerie Bertenelli (sp) which was really good, no depression, amazed she did so many drugs :wink: here I thought I had been the lone ranger :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.