the last 5 books i read

1. Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark
    2. Fade Away by Harlan Coben
    3. The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway
    4. Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek
    5. The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver

i use www.bookmooch.com to swap books :flowerforyou:
    [/quote

OMG what a moron am I, I never knew about swapping books. I have been giving my "hold me over books" to the Vetrans or Good Will for years!!! Thanks for this!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Currently I'm reading The Cadence of Grass written by Thomas McGuane.

It's set in Montana and has sex, money, blood, and lots of cows. What more do you need?:glasses:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    It's set in Montana and has sex, money, blood, and lots of cows. What more do you need?:glasses:

Moo...
  • doodlebug
    doodlebug Posts: 44 Member
    thanks for all the great ideas......:happy:
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    check out the site goodreads great way to track your books your have read and also get ideas for others. Loved Pillars of the earth..but takes time to get into it. Just started Twilight to see what all the hype is..I know the audience is targeted at teenage girls however a friend just read it and she loved it...she's mid 30s..will see..
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

I am so grateful you posted this info. I became a member and I love it! I have listed all the books in my classroom inventory, and it is so cool to get different ones for free!

Thanks for the super duper tip!:flowerforyou:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    I am currently reading "The Shack."
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    I read a lot as well...I tend to gravitate towards book series because I like to follow a long storyline. The books mentioned below are my favorite. Since I go through books so quickly I will go to my local library and check out about 7 - 10 books every few weeks. I will grab the ones recommended by staff or just take a few off shelves in different areas. I will read them all, putting aside early the ones I don't really like. Once I have finished them I will return and get a few more. I'm also a kid at heart and can never read Harry Potter enough (or similar books) so I've included them below as well.

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
    World without End by Ken Follett

Cathedral of the Sea by Ildefonso Falcones

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King includes:
    - The Gunslinger
    - The Drawing of the Three
    - The Waste Lands
    - The Wizard and Glass
    - Wolves of Calla
    - Song of Susannah
    - The Dark Tower

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
    Eragon series by Christopher Paolini

Huge King Fan here......have not read the Dark Tower series though believe it or not......I am into the Patricia Cornwell stuff. Forensic thrillers....love horror....getting started on the Twilight series, in the tub I am reading Brimstone......follows in the feel of te DaVinci Code....and on my Gazelle I am reading The Fit or Fat woman........

Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    I'm reading the Reader by Bernhard Schlink
    next up is Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez

I wanted to read Pillars of the Earth, thanks for the reminder
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member

I want to read Pillars of the Earth too and I actually have it sitting here right in front of me... but its really THICK and im afraid to start it LOL
    My problem is if i start a book i HAVE to finish it no matter how bad it is ... so thick books scare me lol
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I'm reading the Bible through in a year again.
    I'll read anything by Tim LaHaye and I'm currently reading Guilty by Ann Coulter.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Dang, I lost my post!

Love the Stephen King gunslinger series, I know it's been posted a couple of times. For all you fans, King has a short about Roland in the book 666 (or 999, depending on how you look at it--it was released I believe in 1999) which is a collection of shorts and novellas.

I'm loving Ted Dekker, I was introduced to his books this fall, and I always get a new one when I'm at the library. Kind of creepy but with a slight, not in your face religious twist.

Anything by Laurell K. Hamilton. She's got a couple of free standing books, and a couple of series out there. The first series is the Anita Blake series. She's a vampire executioner, who is in love with a vampire, a werewolf, and a wereleopard. It's complicated :laugh: :laugh: . Lots of smut, some action, and a bit of mystery. Her other series I've got is the Merideth Gentry series. It's about a half human/half fey girl who is actually a princess of faerie who moved to the normal world to get away from all the trials and tribulations of fey court. Gets drawn back because she's an heir to the throne, and between her and her cousin, the first one who has a child gets to be heir.... Once again, a lot of smut...

If you're in the mood for tears... almost anything by Nicholas Sparks. So romantic!

Ummmm... I also like James Paterson

Lately, I've been on a website called lostzombies.com. It kind of follows the set up of World War Z (another one of my fave books), where people blog about their experiences with Zombies and how they survive. Some very good writers on there (as well as a few bad ones, lol).
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    If you like humour. Read anything by Janet Evanovitch. I laugh outloud when I read those
    Perfect then I was just thinking of stopping by the library to grab something fun to read.
    Thank YOU!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick

Come on now Dave..share! I know you love to read what are reading now or what would you recommend? I did see you mention Sugar Busters...I might take a look at that, I've been into some serious non fiction books on healthy/non healthy eating:sick: so will probably pick up another one of those type and something for fun as well.:bigsmile:

Thanks for beginning the thread Doodlebug I was thinking just yesterday it was time for a new book idea thread:drinker: :wink::flowerforyou:

FC :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    I read a lot of fitness mags-M+F hers, oxygen, shape, women's world. They're greeeat!:wink:
    Oh I do love the fitness mags... Womans Muscle and Fitness, Healthy Eating, Yoga Journal, quite a few others that don't come to mind right off the bat.

But sometimes I'm simply in the mood for abook to get into ....one of those that takes you away into an adventure and you simply can't put it down!:wink:
  • Fitness_Chick

I want to read Pillars of the Earth too and I actually have it sitting here right in front of me... but its really THICK and im afraid to start it LOL
    My problem is if i start a book i HAVE to finish it no matter how bad it is ... so thick books scare me lol
    OMG Jackie! I am the EXACT same way with books...I grab it I GOTTA finish it:noway: :noway: :tongue: Yea I hear ya, I can't send them back to the library unless they are simply god awful and by then you've gotten into it a bit and think, surely it MUST get better as it goes on:laugh: :ohwell:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    the last 5 books i read

1. Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark
    2. Fade Away by Harlan Coben
    3. The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway
    4. Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek
    5. The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver

Oh I simply adore any book by Barbara Kingsolver! Haven't read one I didn't like yet!:drinker: :wink:
  • Heather7
    Heather7 Posts: 23
    I belong to a site called Paperbackswap.com. You trade books for credits, and it's been great. The last few books I've read include:

1. Blasphemy :: Douglas Preston
    2. Gods Behaving Badly :: Marie Phillips
    3. Clan of the Cave Bear :: Jean Auel
    4. The Book of Lies :: Author: Brad Meltzer

In my 'To Be Read' pile:
    1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo :: Stieg Larsson
    2. A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, Bk 1) :: Libba Bray
    3. The Lucky One :: Nicholas Sparks
    4. The Mammoth Hunters (Earth's Children) :: Jean M. Auel
  • Fitness_Chick
    Oh, I gorgot the books I haven't started yet and won't until vacation in Curacao mid-June, Red Carpet Suicide by Perez Hilton and The Girls Next Door (playboy chicks). Usually my beach reads are entertainment driven so I don't enter any surreal depression while vacationing:laugh: but last year was Losing it by Valerie Bertenelli (sp) which was really good, no depression, amazed she did so many drugs :wink: here I thought I had been the lone ranger :laugh:

Well she was married to a guy in a band, need I say more:wink: She probably got all the goods!:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.